Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PRODUCT REVIEWS

PRODUCT REVIEWS GOT A NEW PRODUCT? LET US KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT

Old 10-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Prospect

RoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default My Experience With JB-Weld High Heat

well, on my 2 stroke 4 wheeler there is a crack in the header pipe, 2 actually, one on the top and bottom

i decided to get some JB weld high heat, first attempt i just did a ♥♥♥♥ job, no cleaning, no sandpapering, on rusty steel...i didnt let it cure for long, maybe 2 hours, and the bottom half fell off in 1 mile, top half got baked on and turned black, and i used lots of it on the top crack

now the second time, i cleaned it good, sand papered it, and heated it up...and used clean and wet hands for mix and apply, otherwise jb weld only likes to stick to your ♥♥♥♥in fingers! and i let it cure for a day, it lasted much longer, but still cracked and half of it fell off

but to be fair these only cost like 8 bucks and my idle jet was far too lean for good egt's, the crack starts about 4 inches from the exhaust flange so its roasting hot, lots and lots of rattling and vibrations, and rapid tempature changes from going through water

would i recomend it? yes, it is worth a shot

info here on it here JB Weld High Heat
Old 10-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Chronic Basketcase

numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I bought a broke down old 1953 Oliver 77 Row Crop that sat for 5+ yrs outside off a farmer back in MN for $1800. I got it running enough to load onto a flatbed & get it home to wrench on. Found that someone put on an aftermarket homemade block heater & when they drilled into the cooling chamber went too deep & went into the oil return line inside the casting. Ended up using a 1/4 bolt I ground down into a makeshift plug & with some grinding to freshen up the cast placed it in there with some good old JB Weld. Coated it 2x & that thing still is holding like a charm for the new owners. Ive had alot of success with JB Weld, but have never tried the high heat version of it.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PRODUCT REVIEWS