Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > WATER SPORTS > FISHING / HUNTING

Old 09-19-2013, 04:36 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
Default Duck Season

2 days until the opener here in the Mississippi flyway!

Anyone else ready to have feathers raining down?

This is my first year hunting ducks in 6 or 7 years. More excited than Blu in a candy shop.

Proud member of the BCR Chit Box Brain Trust!!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Nope, ditch parrot season doesn't open until Oct. 12, saving my lead for then...

BTW, duck is already open here...

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 11-05-2013, 06:25 AM

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

I'll add some pics from this last weekend. Decided to take a friend who is just getting into hunting birds duck hunting to see how he likes it.

Great ND sunrise..

Decoys out ready to go

The days limit, couple mallards and even a trio of green teals

The hunters

Even got done early enough to bag a second limit of the day haha. Everyone else was tired so I took the dog and went out.

Great day out hunting, was a little to nice out for ducks that morning as well as for the sky carp (snow geese). All a little to high, but must have seen 8-10k snows over us that morning which is always an awesome sight. Wish I had some pics from the next day.. Bagged some more pheasant and got a nice prairie dog hunt in.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:21 AM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Nice score!

Better than mine...

#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Prospect

broncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from AR
broncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Looks like a couple great days hunting! Wish we had pheasant up here, always wanted to give them a try.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:53 AM

Actually when I was there last year we were in Homer and camped on the public beach there which was pretty cool. The next morning we swung in for some McDonalds and swear to god we saw a two rooster pheasant and a hen on the ditch to that main road, couldn't believe it. They told us that there was a guy who raises them there on the edge of town or something.

I don't think they would ever survive with your winters, they have to be the dumbest bird out there, they stand in the wind instead of out of it, and face right into blowing snow and suffocate themselves. We have them here because we get a mild winter here and there and snow is spotty when we do get it, but not uncommon to be riding a trail here and see tail feathers up in the air...

Old 11-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Prospect

broncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from AR
broncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1334 View Post
Actually when I was there last year we were in Homer and camped on the public beach there which was pretty cool. The next morning we swung in for some McDonalds and swear to god we saw a two rooster pheasant and a hen on the ditch to that main road, couldn't believe it. They told us that there was a guy who raises them there on the edge of town or something.

I don't think they would ever survive with your winters, they have to be the dumbest bird out there, they stand in the wind instead of out of it, and face right into blowing snow and suffocate themselves. We have them here because we get a mild winter here and there and snow is spotty when we do get it, but not uncommon to be riding a trail here and see tail feathers up in the air...
I have heard about that guy letting them run around also but never seen them when I have been down that way. Wow I had no idea they were that dumb of a bird!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:31 PM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

First of November on the Mississippi. Lost a few to sailing after bad shots and bull rushes. But still a great morning. First Gadwall and Pintail for me so I was excited.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:52 PM
REBEL

2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP
2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP

Nothing like you guys but we did get a couple gadwalls

The New Definition of Minority Is "Working, Tax Paying, Citizen"

www.seidahoinvestigations.com
Old 12-22-2013, 12:39 PM
BCR's Souless Ginger

Gotten out field hunting geese a few times now. Man who knew that was so much fun, I sure didn't but I think I have a new addiction!

Only managed 3 birds in 4 hunts but the first two saw no flights. Now I need some goose recipes.

And one chance at divers back in October, only one flock that day but managed a double.

Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > WATER SPORTS > FISHING / HUNTING