Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS

BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS We all like to see builds from the crate up. Bring us along for the creation.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:48 AM
REBEL

SLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from AR
SLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpipe View Post
Anyone know anything about the CPI 860 kits? I'm seriously considering going that route
Dood really ?????

There are MUCH better options.

SledHeadRacing

MotorFist

2CoolAirVents

TEAM IDAHO MILITIA
Old 09-24-2013, 06:30 AM
REBEL

Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Just wondering......because I have a CPI engine in my CR500 and its an animal

2006 Summit 800, SHR parts, clutch work, some powder coating, some billet stuff.
2007 800 X-RS 151, broken crank, motor is on its way to SHR for a rebuild

many thanks to Big John @SHR
www.sledheadracing.net

and to Rory @Ryders Performance!!!
(208)-520-5652
Old 09-24-2013, 12:08 PM
REBEL

hostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Realy? Better options?? You haven't ever ran anything from mike I take it?? IMO you can't go wrong with CPI because Mike is only going to tell you the truth and he won't sell you anything that doesn't work. My ported,piped xp was efin nuts when I got it back from CPI.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:16 PM
REBEL

Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Yeah the CPI engine in my 500 is stupid fast. Mike is a good dude

2006 Summit 800, SHR parts, clutch work, some powder coating, some billet stuff.

www.sledheadracing.net

(208)-520-5652
Old 09-24-2013, 12:37 PM
REBEL

hostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from ARhostile Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Just got off the phone with mike and decided since my top end is off I might as well send it down so I can get a little more out of the poo.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:12 PM
REBEL

Something is missing here......

www.sledheadracing.net

(208)-520-5652
Old 10-04-2013, 03:42 AM
Prospect

Reeb Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Reeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northbend2004 View Post
Narrow the track, loose the heavy front springs, try to be nice to your elbows. That chassis has violent handling tendencies.
This is news to me...

If it still has the stock Challenger LITE track, I recommend relocating the front arm mount 1 inch up from where it is now. This will help with the trenching problem the track is notorious for.

Ask if the primary clutch was updated at all? We had a problem with bushings and especially the spring cup cover bushing.

And if the motor has it's original 1200miles on it, I would be looking to replace it with a new shortblock or new crank and top end without going much further.

Of course try to figure out your problem right now. It could be a DESS problem, it could be a compression issue, it could be reeds, it could be a few things. If you don't find out what the problem is now, don't be surprised if it shows up again after you freshen the motor.

It should be a solid sled after these things are taken care of. Bigbores, new track, vent kits, etc etc are all nice, but should only be considered if the money is there to do them.

NMFH....an enigma wrapped in a riddle.....

94 zr 700 twin turbo mach z triple with a holly double
pumper and belt drive.......on NAWWWZ!!!

Forever Sled'n...
Old 10-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

and check the carb boots for cracks !
Old 10-04-2013, 08:42 AM
REBEL

Thanks for the info guys! To update this, precision boats in Idaho falls trued and installed a new crank after they checked my cases, and I'm waiting on the new cylinder, went with snow-x pistons too. Then its back in the sled she goes.

www.sledheadracing.net

(208)-520-5652
Old 10-04-2013, 09:43 AM
"Dead Sexeh Cougar Bait"

RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP
RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeb View Post
This is news to me...

If it still has the stock Challenger LITE track, I recommend relocating the front arm mount 1 inch up from where it is now. This will help with the trenching problem the track is notorious for.

Ask if the primary clutch was updated at all? We had a problem with bushings and especially the spring cup cover bushing.

And if the motor has it's original 1200miles on it, I would be looking to replace it with a new shortblock or new crank and top end without going much further.

Of course try to figure out your problem right now. It could be a DESS problem, it could be a compression issue, it could be reeds, it could be a few things. If you don't find out what the problem is now, don't be surprised if it shows up again after you freshen the motor.

It should be a solid sled after these things are taken care of. Bigbores, new track, vent kits, etc etc are all nice, but should only be considered if the money is there to do them.
Good to see you around Reeb!
90 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
91 XR 200R
Plus snow and dirt toys for the kiddos too

Honey badger would approve this message, but he don't give a sh!t.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS