Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS

BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS We all like to see builds from the crate up. Bring us along for the creation.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:11 PM
REBEL

Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Going to the dark side......800 REV build thread

Next weekend I'll be picking up my first skidoo......an 07 800 summit XRS, a friend of my dad's owns it and its sitting in his storage unit.....he wants it gone, so its mine for 500 bones. So for that price you may ask "what's wrong with it???" And the answer is, well.....I'm not sure. It starts but pops and backfires and won't rev up. I'm thinking its a DESS problem but I'll see if anyone here can enlighten me further. Any "must-do" mods for the rev chassis? I'm new to all things skidoo so educate me!

07 X-RS, SHR860R, aftermarket this, modified that blah blah blah......sold
07 X-RS, SHR800R.....sold
06 summit-X, SHR 800HO, big wheels, big track, still not fast.....sold

2005 CR500AF, ported, polished, and built by me.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:37 AM
REBEL

SLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from AR
SLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from AR

First "must doo" is make it an SHR 840/860, that motor is the #1 worst time bomb out there!!

Good luck and keep us updated !

SledHeadRacing

MotorFist

2CoolAirVents

TEAM IDAHO MILITIA
Old 09-10-2013, 07:24 AM
REBEL

Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR

That's what I keep hearing.......from my research it sounds like that 07 800R is either a win or lose, lots of people have said that if you make it past 1000 miles you got a winner. This one got 1200 on it before it started having this popping/backfiring issue. I do seem to notice a trend with my sleds though.......I love problem children . An 05 900 poo.....an 06 700 poo......and now an 07 800 doo haha.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Prospect

Northbend2004 Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthbend2004 Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthbend2004 Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthbend2004 Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthbend2004 Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthbend2004 Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthbend2004 Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthbend2004 Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthbend2004 Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthbend2004 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpipe View Post
Next weekend I'll be picking up my first skidoo......an 07 800 summit XRS, a friend of my dad's owns it and its sitting in his storage unit.....he wants it gone, so its mine for 500 bones. So for that price you may ask "what's wrong with it???" And the answer is, well.....I'm not sure. It starts but pops and backfires and won't rev up. I'm thinking its a DESS problem but I'll see if anyone here can enlighten me further. Any "must-do" mods for the rev chassis? I'm new to all things skidoo so educate me!
Narrow the track, loose the heavy front springs, try to be nice to your elbows. That chassis has violent handling tendencies.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:13 PM
REBEL

Without further adieu......

Old 09-15-2013, 07:43 AM
REBEL

lshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from AR
lshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Looks awesome! Sounds like the dess, fiddle with the tether and it should be ok - they do that.

I had my DESS disconnected at the Skidoo race dept.

Check out my build series videos for some ideas on what to do. how many miles on it? check compression, and if lots of miles and no rebuild tear it down and do the crank - or it'll let you down.

Have fun!!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:55 AM
REBEL

Its got right around 1800 miles

Old 09-15-2013, 02:29 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpipe View Post
Its got right around 1800 miles
If it was me, I would pull it apart and have the crank redone. Much cheaper now than mid winter and having it take out other parts. The doo guys I rode with out of the burg wouldn't let a doo motor get more than 2k on it without a tear down and crank redone.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 AM
REBEL

I was seriously considering pulling it apart and rebuilding it bottom to top, I didn't do that with my IQ chassis last year and even though I had paperwork saying that the crank had 400 miles on it, I was still always worrying about it

Old 09-16-2013, 09:15 AM
REBEL

At least I know the history on this one, because I bought it from the original owner

Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS