Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > DAKOTAS

Old 08-25-2013, 09:23 AM
REBEL

FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default FatDog down

Had an interesting day yesterday, you could say! The day started out great with a plan to head west to the Badlands for a day of horseback riding, followed by some beer and a barbeque. Loaded up the horses and we were on the road by 0630 in order to meet other friends that were already out there.

Got out to the campground, unloaded horses bullchitted for a while and then started getting the horses ready. At the last minute I decided to ride another friends horse, so we saddled up and things were looking good. Rode around the camp site a little to warm up and jumped off to take a leak, first mistake.

As everyone is getting up and on, Im one of the last ones, so in a hurry I go to get on myself and heres where things get interesting!

I go and put my left foot up in the stirrup and as I start pulling myself up, my horse; Oats decides its time to go and in a hurry. As he takes off, Im getting my right leg swung over and around but once I get it to about over, he now decides to start bucking! Well at this point I hang on for another split second and then comes the launch sequence and Im airborne!

Reigns still in hand, feet in the air, I come down on my lower back and hit the ground like a sack chit! Once my lower back hits, my head comes down and hits and I slide to stop across a pile of horse chit, and ahhhh, "Oats" is gone.

I get up pissed off and take a few steps and then comes the pain..the dizziness and the sweets. I make it to the pickup and I can barely walk as the pain is growing. I then crawl my way into one of the pickups and sit. Well after about ten to fifteen minutes, hoping this crap will subside, I get up out of the pickup and realize I can barely walk and the pain is sucking major azz and my left foot is going numb!

Now around this time I'm thinking to myself, you idiot, you know better. You should have turned the horse's head towards yourself when getting on or I should have walked him over to the trailer and got on. Stupid things you do or don't do when you get complacent. Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!

At this point its decided that I need a ride back to St. Alexius to be checked out, cause things are not getting any better. Next came the pickup ride where I could tell you where every bump is between Bismarck and the Badlands, and yes there are quite a few.

Arrive at St. As ER and get poked prodded and checked over. X-rays, CT scan all the good stuff including a c-collar, which was really comfortable by the way! The Doc thought initially, I fractured something but thank God after all the tests; its looking like a major lower back sprain and contusion. So after spending most of my day in the ER, I got released and now find myself at home, and moving kinda slow.

O well at least nothing major is wrong as things could have went really bad. Such is life, and all you can do is live and learn.
HD Street Glide
Legend enclosed (The Toy Box)

Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 AM
REBEL

FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

This how my day started

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
HD Street Glide

Last edited by FatDog; 08-25-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:48 PM
REBEL

Quinlan Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Quinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Hope all's well, bud...winter's getting closer every day! Lower back problems suck. When I was working in the patch I tore the chit out of my lower back. The day it happened, I was about in tears hitting all the bumps and holes riding in our work truck.

With that being said...I laughed out loud a little playing out your scenario in my head!

A mountain lion roaming the prairie found a bull, killed it, and ate the entire bull. With a heavy belly, unable to walk, the lion laid in the tall grass moaning and roaring. Soon a hunter, attracted by the roaring, shot and killed the lion. Moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:46 PM
"bottom end killer "

flatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from AR
flatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from AR

you're a cowboy?

Hope you heal quick old guy
Old 08-25-2013, 09:09 PM
REBEL

This is how my day ended,

HD Street Glide

Old 08-25-2013, 09:13 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander_summit View Post
you're a cowboy?

Hope you heal quick old guy
Let's just say, I'm a man of many hats, and remember I can kick your azz sunshine. ha ha!!

Things are somewhat under control today, sore as hell and other parts of my body are hurtin too, man it sucks getting old !!1
HD Street Glide

Old 08-25-2013, 09:21 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

♥♥♥♥ty to hear, good thing you are already an office slug as the transition won't be so bad... haha

Like others have said, I didn't figure you for a horse guy, maybe you should stick to the ones at the mall that go round and round??? Carter would like a riding partner... haha!!

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 08-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1334 View Post
♥♥♥♥ty to hear, good thing you are already an office slug as the transition won't be so bad... haha

Like others have said, I didn't figure you for a horse guy, maybe you should stick to the ones at the mall that go round and round??? Carter would like a riding partner... haha!!
man soo much fun in every line ^^^
on a side note you did the right thing going to the ER. I had the other end of the spectrum an old injury take a toll and had to have a ruptured disc between L4 L5 fixed in march. the lower spine is something you need to pay attention to as it will fuvk with you for years to come.
and the icing on the cake the chit you had to land in lmfao

take your time with the healing up and glad your OK.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:12 PM
REBEL

akpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from ARakpowderhound Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Jim,
You have 155 horses snow checked.
If you can't handle one horse, what are planning on doing with the 155 being put together as we speak?
If your going to the ER, you need a better story than that!

Just Pokin Some Fun At Ya.
Heal up quick and come on up to AK to work on a better ER story!
#1 PLP
Old 08-26-2013, 07:48 AM
REBEL

Yeah, thanks guys!!

Still sore and moving slow but definitely better than Saturday!

Back injuries are definitely a little scary and when my foot started to tingle, I was like WTF!!! All I kept thinking about was, if this fawks up my sledding season, I'm gonna snap!!!!

And yes after landing hard and sliding into a pile of horse chit, definitely added insult to injury! Plus once I was in the ER, everyone knew which room I was in.......just follow the lovely smell!
HD Street Glide

Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > DAKOTAS