Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRAILERS / SLED DECK DISCUSSION

Old 12-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Prospect

Sneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Hmmm, filled up the tank and still the same. Tried turning the tank on and off multiple times, and i get the same output.

Mule, the line is about 25' long. it goes up the passenger side v-nose wall to the ceeling down the passanger side ceeling corner till the man door, then over to the driver side, runs along the top corner till it goes down the wall to the heater location. Not sure if that is too long for the application, but it may be i guess.
I am using a regulator from a old scrap BBQ that had 2 burners. Any more tips would be great. I am thinking about buying and adjsutable thermostat like this one, but i know just enough about propane to be dangerous, so i was hoping it was someting simple.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-0...r#ht_405wt_943

Had it running on high yesterday for a good 2 hours and it only got up to 45 degres inside (30 outside) something is wrong. any help is much appreciated.

Darryl
Old 12-11-2013, 04:26 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittmand View Post
....I am using a regulator from a old scrap BBQ ...
That's more than likely your problem. Just replace the regulator. They're pretty cheap at hardware stores.
Pretty idiot-proof purchase, there's not a lot of options for them.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:48 PM
REBEL

Brightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Brightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Sorry to play Mr. Obvious here, but get the specs off the heater, (BTU's) and go to Amerigas or Ferrell Propane or the likes and get a damm regulator that meets your needs before we have to plan a BBQ to celebrate your life. They are like 15-50 bucks. Propane can fawkin KILL you and all that you love.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:30 AM
Prospect

Sneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Well, I thought I would provide an update on my trailer build. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures this time, but this is what it looks like as of yesterday. Installed the bench, then wrapped the doors with outdoor carpet over some carpet pad. Shore power plug ran to the converter and will have a outlet located on the kick panel when I get it up. Battery, converter and inverter mounted in the front v with a barrier. main compartments for storage of stuff that I never go without like saw, blocks, lantern, tools ETC. then the furnace. Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.

I hear you brightstar, and I did go get a correct dual stage 11 degree regulator. I have learned a lot about propane in the last year. I think the problem with the single stage I was using was not keeping enough pressure in the hose because the hose is really long. Working great now. Checked all hoses for leaks. and have a alarm in the trailer that we turn on when we are camping. I am pretty confident that I have put it together nicely.

Trying to keep these kids warm for the fall and winter riding trips. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Sneak A Peak; 07-15-2015 at 11:32 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-15-2015, 01:41 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Those your kids or X rated???

NICE work on the setup

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 07-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 View Post
Those your kids or X rated???

NICE work on the setup

X rated? I hope that doesn't mean what i think it means. Yes, they are mine. Its crazy how fast they grow, and what they do and don't retain!

Thanks, it has been an ongoing project for some time now. Never finished. After this portion is done, there will be an overhead cabnit going in above the bench. But i need to finish this one up first. Picking up more e-track today. But instead of working on it this weekend, i may go riding instead.... go figure...
Old 07-15-2015, 03:55 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

X has some serious red hair too. I have 3 that are all teens now. Enjoy them while you are still tops on the list. Mine are at the point where they are SO smart.

Mac

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 07-17-2015, 01:14 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 View Post
X has some serious red hair too. I have 3 that are all teens now. Enjoy them while you are still tops on the list. Mine are at the point where they are SO smart.

Mac
Yeah, they are a blast. Even had him helping me with the shore power routing... Good times

Old 11-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Prospect

Progress

Last edited by Sneak A Peak; 11-02-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:28 AM
Prospect

Well, I decided to get the floor ready for a coat of Thompsons Water Seal. Scrubbed the floor with simple green and hot water, then another round of just water to rinse it out. Let that dry, then hit it with a quick 80 grit.

Picture is of before the application, I will try to remember to take one of the finished floor.

However, I am a bit disappointed in the Thompsons. While it went on well and soaked in and seems to be sealing out the water, there is still some excess that forms that need to be removed, and now the floor is Slippery as Snot.... Wondering if this is normal or maybe I did something wrong? Any how, I also bought some super glides and installed them on the doors. This will surely help with footing when we are going in and out of the ramps, as we cant step on the wood anymore.

On to the next project. I am wanting to connect the back two (and one new flood under the trailer) loading lamps into functioning reverse lights as well. I have seem mention of doing this in forums, but I cannot seem to find out how to make this work. I seem to remember some mention of needing a relay as the lights are currently on a switch inside the trailer and connected to the battery. Can anyone here help me out if finding a wiring diagram how this might work? Appreciate the help in advance.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRAILERS / SLED DECK DISCUSSION