Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRUCK DISCUSSION

Old 04-05-2013, 12:03 PM
REBEL

tmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
tmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default tonneau covers?

Considering a tonneau cover for my 2011 Short box D-max. Main reason is that when we take it on trips and have to haul 'stuff' for the kids it is a pain when the weather is bad.

I know there are a ton of options - I know that I do not want a solid one piece cover. (been there done that ~10 years ago)

Looking at soft rolls and the hard folding ones. For the hard folding ones I am looking at the BAKFlip Fibermax and the Undercover Flex.

Any other things I should look at or consider?

I want to be able to use the full bed to haul an ATV if necessary, so I am not looking at the retractable ones.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:06 PM
PIMP

Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP
Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP

I have an Access Vanish on my 2013 Dmax and love it.

Access
Old 04-05-2013, 12:07 PM
REBEL

dstrbdxpak Has earned a rub and tug from AR
dstrbdxpak Has earned a rub and tug from AR

For a hard folding top and atv capable, I'd seriously consider the following.

http://www.diamondbackcovers.com/

Last edited by dstrbdxpak; 04-05-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:10 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Access Lo Pro on mine, love it so far..

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 PM
"bottom end killer "

flatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from AR
flatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I have the traditional access with locks on both sides. I didn't like the look of the low pro. I have a buddy that has a folding Truxedo that is pretty slick. It can be folded from the front or back.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:39 AM
REBEL

tmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
tmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Thanks everyone for the suggestions - looks like I have a few more websites to look at!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:15 PM
REBEL

Beels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLP
Beels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLP

Soft tonneau all the way. I've had a Truxedo Lo-Pro for a long time now (on its second truck) and I have never regretted it. The ability to roll it completely out of the way s the best feature of it.
Rebel #244
Old 03-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Just Got Here

john 624 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know old thread (apology) but needs some idea for a bed cover that lasts and keeps the bed dry even on heavy rain. Been looking at truck tonneau covers available, lots of good options but can't decide which will work for years and can provide extra protection against crooks. I sometimes hauling tall stuffs so 1-pc is not an option. Anyone got retractables? If so, how's the mechanism over the years? TIA
Old 03-22-2017, 07:10 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I put a backflip on my wifes truck. my buddy has his 2nd retrax and loves them
Old 03-24-2017, 02:42 AM

simnil Has earned a rub and tug from ARsimnil Has earned a rub and tug from ARsimnil Has earned a rub and tug from ARsimnil Has earned a rub and tug from ARsimnil Has earned a rub and tug from ARsimnil Has earned a rub and tug from ARsimnil Has earned a rub and tug from ARsimnil Has earned a rub and tug from ARsimnil Has earned a rub and tug from ARsimnil Has earned a rub and tug from ARsimnil Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I had a Extang Revolution on my Ram. I liked it, haven't tried anything else though =)
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRUCK DISCUSSION