Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PROJECT REBEL PRO

PROJECT REBEL PRO BCR Project Sled

Old 02-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Prospect

Polar Express Has earned a rub and tug from ARPolar Express Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Polar Express Has earned a rub and tug from ARPolar Express Has earned a rub and tug from AR

To agree with some of the earlier posts, 'glue' or 'cement' has been used for years to bond very important things together, and it has shown to be reliable for long term use, in critical areas. However, just like any other application of a product (think paint) your prep work is critical. I'm not saying they didn't prep things correctly, it could just as easily have been a bad 'batch' of the cement.

I'm not excusing it, and Im certainly not defending Polaris not honoring a warranty (actually, in this case, it should be a recall for safety reasons) But I will defend the use of a cement as a reliable way to bond two parts together. You just have to make sure you use a quality cement, and do quality surface/part prep.

I love my 2011 pro, and after reading about all these issues, I'm NOT upgrading to a 1 year used '13 for next season. I'll keep riding my 2011!

PE

'06 Ram CTD
'91YJ
'11 PRO
'08 D7

This is America, if you don't like it, go conquer another country, and start your own.

I'll keep my God, my guns and my freedom, Barry can keep his 'change'
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PROJECT REBEL PRO