Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > GPS / SAFETY / COMMUNICATION DEVICES

Old 02-11-2013, 04:16 PM
"Installing in the Dirty Pic Thread"

-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP
-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP

^^^I have the float 30 and took off or cut off all of the excess straps etc.

The new BCA Float packs are even nicer than the float 30

There is my appology.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Prospect

Grizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Grizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Lucky View Post
Things I can say about packs.

Started out with a HMK pack. the only problem I had with this was that where they had you store the shovel and probe would catch trees and branches. In turn they would fly out of you pack and you would lose those two items. HMK fixed the problem of losing the shovel handle the year after I bought mine but it would still catch on things. You need to tether your probe on some how and I always did.

Then I move into a BCA float 30. I really like the way it stored everything. it was neat and clean. Unlike the HMK pack everything had a pocket and nothing stuck out. Things I hated about the pack was it always seemed that I had some strap flailing behind me or some loop that hanging off the pack that could get caught on something when going threw the trees. The other thing I hated about the pack was that rode way to high on me. Every time I would look up at a hill I could feel the top of the pack hitting the back of my helmet. Other than that was a good pack.

Now I have a ABS Only complaint I have so far is that after you get your shovel blade in you don't have a much room for anything else. I wish that the pocket for the blade was on the outside and not in the middle. The pack is neat and clean no straps hanging off it to get caught on trees. It also seems to ride lower. So far this is about the same fit as the HMK pack I had but could use a better way to hole the blade of the shovel. ABS makes a couple other zipons I may have to look at them and see if I can find one I like better.
Which ABS bag do you have? How much does it weigh when loaded?
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > GPS / SAFETY / COMMUNICATION DEVICES