Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > YAMAHA

Old 12-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Just Got Here

danrud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default coolant 2009 Nytro

I have a 2009 Nytro and was going through it last night and checking the basics and noticed that there was no coolant in the small white tank below the radiator? How do I check to make sure my coolant levels are OK? Any help I would appreciate, thanks.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Prospect

pray4snow Has earned a rub and tug from ARpray4snow Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Owners Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrud View Post
I have a 2009 Nytro and was going through it last night and checking the basics and noticed that there was no coolant in the small white tank below the radiator? How do I check to make sure my coolant levels are OK? Any help I would appreciate, thanks.
Your tool kit should have a copy of the owners manual in it. If not you can download it, google it. You will want it. In the periodic maintenance section you will see "Cooling system".

Having said that the coolant level should be between the LO and the FULL marks on that white tank (when cold). If it is not add coolant.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Just Got Here

OK thanks for the reply, I thoroughly read the manual and it is very general when it comes to the coolant system. Right now with the sled cold the small white lower tank is completely empty. When I look into the radiator I can see green fluid filling the radiator about 1/2 way. My question is do I fill the white reservoir tank as you indicated and that should fill the coolant properly? Your advice is appreciated as I am trying to learn how to maintain this machine myself
Old 12-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Prospect

DaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from AR
DaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from AR

You may have a leak. Fill the rad to the top...then fill the coolant reservoir to the cold full line.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Just Got Here

Cjjeeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coolant

Agreed. I would fill it up and then run it until it at least gets warm. If it is a significant leak you will see it, either steam or liquid. If it is minor you will smell it. Otherwise it maybe the previous owner was responsible for the low level via negligence.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Just Got Here

Thanks, I'll do what you guys recommended. I appreciate the time taken to offer some advice.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM

bdickey Has earned a rub and tug from ARbdickey Has earned a rub and tug from ARbdickey Has earned a rub and tug from ARbdickey Has earned a rub and tug from ARbdickey Has earned a rub and tug from AR

when your sled gets hot it should come back and you should see the coolant flow into the over flow tank.
i would top off your radiator and thats it.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > YAMAHA