Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRAILERS / SLED DECK DISCUSSION

Old 12-10-2012, 01:03 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

With the two six-volt batteries... wire them in series... [1+ 1-]---[2+ 2-] ... with 1- and 2+ connected together, you've got one 12-volt battery from 1+ to 2-. Put your 12-volt charger from 1+ to 2-, hook up + and - from where you had them on your old battery to 1+ and 2- ... no need to change anything to six-volt.

As long as you keep 1- and 2+ connected ONLY to each other.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
With the two six-volt batteries... wire them in series... [1+ 1-]---[2+ 2-] ... with 1- and 2+ connected together, you've got one 12-volt battery from 1+ to 2-. Put your 12-volt charger from 1+ to 2-, hook up + and - from where you had them on your old battery to 1+ and 2- ... no need to change anything to six-volt.

As long as you keep 1- and 2+ connected ONLY to each other.
Stop confusing Ric... he don't speak chinese..... yet.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 12-10-2012, 01:09 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Pictures always help me. It is pretty simple tho.

When I hear Mule talk wiring, I get this in my head.

I'm glad he understands it and is able to walk me through basic stuff tho.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club

Last edited by Rob1334; 12-10-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:34 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

"Do not touch any of these wires"

But yeah, follow that first pic. Two 6v in series = one 12v.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 PM
REBEL

John Has earned a rub and tug from ARJohn Has earned a rub and tug from AR
John Has earned a rub and tug from ARJohn Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
Spend the money and get a pair of six volts golf cart batteries . They will last MANY times longer than the best 12v batteries. Both in holding a char ge, and in useful life.
^^^Yep!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:06 PM
MENTOR/MOTIVATIONAL POSTER BUILDER

Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP
Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP

:banghead: nobody listens to me :banghead:
Old 12-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

OK.... FINE I WILL GET TWO SIX VOLTS... FAWK... HAHAHAHAHA>.

I will also get a setup like booster has eventually... probably be a summer project though.. just need to get make sure these get through winter time... As boosters setup in person is freaking amazing on the inside.. very handy
Old 12-10-2012, 05:06 PM
"I come in peace"

BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL View Post
OK.... FINE I WILL GET TWO SIX VOLTS... FAWK... HAHAHAHAHA>.

I will also get a setup like booster has eventually... probably be a summer project though.. just need to get make sure these get through winter time... As boosters setup in person is freaking amazing on the inside.. very handy
Careful using Booster and Handy in the same sentence.....
Old 12-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTruck View Post
Careful using Booster and Handy in the same sentence.....
Nah.. no worries there.. He gives them out all the time.. the secret is out
Old 05-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Prospect

Sneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Is there a minimum wire size i should use when connecting the 2 6v batteris in series? Would i use the same gauge to go from pas an neg terminals to the converter?
I am installing them in my enclosed to power a furnace, lights, 12 v accessories, raido, etc...

Thanks
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRAILERS / SLED DECK DISCUSSION