Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRAILERS / SLED DECK DISCUSSION

Old 12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
MENTOR/MOTIVATIONAL POSTER BUILDER

Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP
Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP

Dual 6V!

Way more amp hours!!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:23 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

Golf cartvbatteries ARE deep cell batteries. And my tender is permanently mounted in the trailer. Never have to remove batteries. Just plug the shore power into the side of the trailer and done.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

Golf cartvbatteries ARE deep cell batteries. And my tender is permanently mounted in the trailer. Never have to remove batteries. Just plug the shore power into the side of the trailer and done.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:56 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

They can still freeze if left out in the cold during the week, dual-6v or single-12v.

#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:18 PM
REBEL

XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP
XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP

How much power draw are you planning on putting to it, and for how long? Dual 6V's are a better option for longer use periods of time, but if you aren't needing that kind of amp hours, it's just wasted weight and space in an application where a single 12 will cover it.

I have 4 6V's in mine, but it's set up for camping multiple days and charges off the truck and/or my generator's 12V output too. So there's a couple of things to consider in the equation.
Rebel #86

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 12-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

There was two 12v in it.... Mainly just running the lights on the inside while replacing 13 drive shafts .... And runnin the forced air heater from mirage... There is a stereo and fuel pump in trailer also although I'm not sure how much we will use those... Besides batteries I dome want to dump a ton of money switching stuff over to 6v if I don't have too.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:35 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Two six-volt batteries in series = one 12-volt battery. No need to change anything.

But they have to stay in series for anything to work.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:59 PM
REBEL

With the furnace, go to the two 6 volts!!! Simple to swap over. Only real expense it the batteries and they're not even that bad. About $150 each. And one extra cable to connect the.

As for them freezing,as long as they are charged they won't freeze. Its only when a battery loses its charge or is run down will it freeze. Once froze they are toast.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

So if I go 2 6v batteries that charger that i have in my first post work then.. It has a 6v setting on it..
Old 12-10-2012, 12:26 PM
"This is all my fault"

Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP
Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP

There is mine two 6 volt..

http://backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=9205