Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Looked at one on Saturday and we decided to wait to convert our 11 to see how it holds up, I reserve my judgement and don't think it will hold up at home here.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 AM
"Sick and Twisted"

Adrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLP
Adrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLP

After drilling all the little holes and snapping the rods I can say for certain I would not do it if I didn't have exrovert drivers.
I have no reservations, however, that the track will hold up just fine.
I'll let Y'all know next spring!

If the track were to completely fool me and come apart then I'll buy the flex track.
BCR #343
Proud member of team WTF?

A Little Older, A Little Wiser...
Well, A Little Older Anyway
http://www.northwestglaciercruisers.com/
http://www.wssa.us/
http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org/
http://www.sharetrails.org/
http://www.nwac.us/

Old 11-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Just Got Here

wildcard28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Hello I have an 04` Summit X 800HO Summit Mod sled running a 159 track and am almost done swapping to a mod chassis that has VE D&R kit and VE Chaincase protector belly pan and VE drop brackets and have installed an 06` MXZ X stronger front nun, and I have ordered the T Motion kit and will attempt to install it in my Rev Rails, I have done a ton of research on on the shock length of the xp skids and there is supposed to be an update for the shocks in the 2010 xp and up haven`t found a eye to eye measurement on the newers shocks but after a couple call in a few days I will, I have searched ebay for every xp shock listing I could come across for the summit and have fount they are 13-13 1/4 on the front skid shock and 17-17 1/4 on the rear skid shock which is the same as my rev shocks, so I will attempt to install the kit in my Rev rails just won`t use the rear axle and inner 2 wheel kit since they are 8inch wheels and the Rev`s are 7inch, just have to make sure after installing the Rev Shocks that the shock doesn`t bottom out before the arms hit the bumpers on the rails or they won`t work with out ruining the shock, then I would have to go to xp shocks or better. I have also done a Bunch of measureing on the T Motion skid that is in the 13`XM on my dealer showroom floor and have all the meaurements I need and It looks like it will work in my Rev Rail just have to change the location of the rear scissor arm mount, no Prob there, since the Rev Rails don`t have all the swiss cheese type holes in the rails like the xp or xm.

After I am finished with the T Motion kit I will be installing a 163x16x2.5 track cause of the D&R. and break the support rods with the new track tool that
simulates the outer flex edge movement.

I will post pics and info and a detailed installation thread of T Motion in Rev Summit and Rev Rails or somethin like that.

I have already narrowed my stock Rev front A arms and my ski stance is 35.5 with Simmons Gen 1 skis set to the center position so I bet this sled is gonna be a huge difference in the handling and layover dept, it was already pretty descent but for little ole me its gotta get better can`t wait to ride it.

This sled already has a TON of mods to it and obviously not an xp but it will have a bunch of XP parts and mods and will have an XM rear skid mod and am currently runnin xp freeride aluminum drop center handlebars and fly riser etc.

We`ll see how it all works out, Going to the Spokane Snow Show this weekend also and its snowing up there and where we ride Now.........Yhae

T Motion inner 2whl kit (wheels and axle) will be for sale after I receive the kit, let me know if interested you can contact me at wildcard282@hotmail.com
or text to 208 305 4732

Wildcard

Last edited by wildcard28; 11-08-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Just Got Here

BoonDockerBoy Has earned a rub and tug from ARBoonDockerBoy Has earned a rub and tug from ARBoonDockerBoy Has earned a rub and tug from ARBoonDockerBoy Has earned a rub and tug from ARBoonDockerBoy Has earned a rub and tug from ARBoonDockerBoy Has earned a rub and tug from ARBoonDockerBoy Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Sounds pretty awesome... How did you narrow the front A-arms and ski stance to 35.5"? I would be interested in doing that too. If you put together a video or pictures of how to put in a t-motion suspension that would be great. I am doing everything I can to give my sled a little bit of an edge.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Just Got Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonDockerBoy View Post
Sounds pretty awesome... How did you narrow the front A-arms and ski stance to 35.5"? I would be interested in doing that too. If you put together a video or pictures of how to put in a t-motion suspension that would be great. I am doing everything I can to give my sled a little bit of an edge.

Thats exactly what Im trying to do make it better and better, I will post a thread on the build and skid install,

I narrowed my own a arms, I took 1 1/2 inchs out of each arm if I had it to do again I would minus about a half inch out of that measurement, I didn`t relocate the shock mount so after the arms were narrowed it stood the shocks up straighter actually raising the sled higher than I thought and thats how I came out with a final stance of 35.5 was after the 36 when I started, I make a Jig and cut and rewelded and had to change the angle of the rear part of each arm, the front side was pretty much a straight shot to shorten the back of them took some more figureing and reshaping. Next set i have will be another set of Alternate Impact 37inch arms, I had the stock ski stance once before and they are impressively light, I sold them cause I actually wanted narrower stance.

Wildcard.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Just Got Here

Hello everyone.

Here check this out here is my rebuild thread w/ Tmotion install into my 04 Rev Summit, pretty detailed and a bit of a long thread it cover my whole rebuld of my sled this season with some existing and newly added mods including the install of the Tmotion, I did install the kit in a pair of 08` xp 154 rails I got a smokin deal on ebay then deciced to put the kit im those rails, I was originally going to put the kit in the 04 rails and It can be done I just went a bit more easier route, the thread explains what I transplanted from the rev skid and what parts I did have to purchase since I wasn`t starting with a complete xp skid since the kit is intended to upgrade an xp skid and is instructed what parts to be reused from the xp those are the parts I had to order. anyway check it out, I took it for the first ride last saturday and is by far the best mod I have everdone to this sled and most noticeably sled lays over almost to easy but, along with my own narrowed 35.5inch front end and the Tmo is a Huge difference over the last couple season

Oops sorry can`t post URL`s here but Thread is on snowest.com Titled = 04 summit rebuild w/ Tmotion install, w/ many mods come check it out
In the Skidoo Rev Section.

pm me if you have any questions or need info.

Enjoy, Wildcard
Old 01-24-2013, 12:12 AM
REBEL

Brightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Brightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Sorry, most of us hope sw dries up and blows away. Sounds like a great sled, but I wouldnt go to sw if they gave it to me.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:02 AM
REBEL

Wade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLP
Wade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLP

Sorry, my religion doesn't allow me to step foot in that forum.

Copy your thread over here, and I'll take a read on it.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Just Got Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
Sorry, my religion doesn't allow me to step foot in that forum.

Copy your thread over here, and I'll take a read on it.
How would I copy it over here? not sure how to do that.

Or I would be happy to

Wildcard
Old 01-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Prospect

Dino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Dino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightstar View Post
Sorry, most of us hope sw dries up and blows away. Sounds like a great sled, but I wouldnt go to sw if they gave it to me.
X TWO ON THIS ^^^^^^^^^thanks Dino
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO