Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > TREE HUGGER / LAND USE REPORTS

Old 10-09-2012, 07:16 PM
REBEL

Dogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Dogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Public comment period for Shoshone Nat'l Forest due by Nov 1st

I hate to link to this here, but:

http://www.snowest.com/snowmobile-ne...ay.cfm?ID=3517

I sent this to the USFS:

Quote:
I have been trying to view the link:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/shosho...telprdb5199919

In order to review again and provide comment on Alternative B

However, as of the evening of October 9th, the link appears to be broken.

Regardless, I would like to voice my concerns over any revisions to the existing management plan.

As a native Wyomingite, I've been snowmobiling in the Western part of the state for my entire life.

Many of my fondest memories were of snowmobiling near Yellowstone as a kid, and it appears my children will not have those same opportunities for much longer.

The last thing that the common person in the western US is even more restrictions on the way we are able to recreate on public land. I have yet in my 32 years to ever observe any sort of negative environmental impact from snowmobiling. I would like to cite the 2005 DEIS for permitting snowmobiles in Yellowstone national park to back this statement up. All items brought fourth by so-called environmental groups were deemed illegitimate except for considerations about emissions and noise from snowmobiles. I will not insult anybody's intelligence by stating that these are not important issues, as they are, but with modern snowmobile technology the impacts of these issues are becoming less and less. It is absolutely positivley impossible quantify any effect on climate change snowmobile emissions have as in the grand scheme of things it is so miniscule it simply has no consequence. As far as noise goes, a management plant for testing sound levels of snowmobiles has been instituted in the state of Colorado and appears to be working. %99 of all snowmobiles don't like obnoxiously loud pipes any more than than skiiers do.

It is very discriminatory in my opinion place un necessary restrictions on folks who use public land for recreation at the behest of people who just seem to think their viewpoint is more important.

Now, regarding Alternative B as far as the new management plan goes. Any revisions to the existing plan should not restrict motorized access any more than what the status quo is. The Shoshone Nat'l forest is already %80 designated wilderness .... we don't need any more in order to satisfy the needs of a very small minority who seem to think that public land only belongs to them.

Thank you for taking my comment.
I guess I could have been more detailed, but their ♥♥♥♥ing link is broken. How convienient, eh?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Prospect

WyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from ARWyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from ARWyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from ARWyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from ARWyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from ARWyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from ARWyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from ARWyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from ARWyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from ARWyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from ARWyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from ARWyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from ARWyoRMK Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Send in your response and Win!

So I was going to include a Letter to pass on from Kim Rapp and the Wyoming State Snowmobile Association, but apparently it is to long.

So please take a minute to send a comment is to the forest service. We need all the help we can get as the other side is pushing hard to close areas to snowmobilers. If you send a copy of your response to jeff@sundancetimes.com. you will be entered to win- First: BCA Tracker 2, Second: Avalanche Shovel, Third: Avalanche Probe.

Please help us out, the response is planned out for you below! The comment period has been extended to Nov 28th!

Here is the what WSSA has asked for in response!
__________________________________________________ _____
The comment deadline is November 28. They should be e-mailed (their preference) to: shoshone_forestplan@fs.fed.us either directly in the body of the e-mail message or as a Word or PDF attachment. Comments can also be mailed to: Shoshone National Forest, Forest Plan Comments, 808 Meadow Lane Avenue, Cody, WY 82414. Please write an e-mail or send a personal letter since both carry much more weight than form letters. You can use the following list, either in your own words or cut-and-paste, to help stress the following points:

I am a snowmobiler and continued snowmobiling access on the Shoshone National Forest is extremely important to me.
I support Alternative B as long as it continues to keep all existing snowmobile trails open, as well as access open to all existing off-trail snowmobiling areas across the forest.
I am very opposed to closing Two Ocean Mountain to snowmobiles to make it into an exclusive use, nonmotorized area. It should remain open for multiple winter recreation uses.
I am very opposed to closing any areas currently open to snowmobiling in the Togwotee Pass and Brooks Lake areas. All areas currently open to snowmobiles should remain open for multiple winter uses.
Since over 80% of the Shoshone National Forest is already designated as Wilderness or as open to only nonmotorized uses, I am opposed to establishing any more. Enough is enough and preference should be given to motorized recreation on the remaining 20% of the forest!
Snowmobiling should continue to be allowed in the High Lakes Wilderness Study Area in the Beartooths since it is expressly permitted by law.
Snowmobiling should be allowed to continue in all Inventoried Roadless Areas.
Designated snowmobile trail routes should continue to be provided through all existing wildlife winter range areas. If new winter range areas are established, designated snowmobile trails should be provided through the new areas whenever new winter range would cut off access to open snowmobiling areas beyond the newly created winter range.

Support Albany County Search & Rescue
http://www.albanycountysar.org
Old 11-23-2012, 08:08 PM
REBEL

pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR
pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Sent mine in!

Your comment(s) were received by the Shoshone NF Forest Plan Revision office mailbox. This is an automated message; please do not reply. If a response is required by the Forest Service, it will be forthcoming.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > TREE HUGGER / LAND USE REPORTS