Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > Backpacking

Old 09-27-2012, 02:40 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation
Default August In the Windrivers

So this August a few sledders got together to go back into the windrivers out of Pinedale WY here is a link to a map of the area.http://www.ouachitamaps.com/picture_...ilot%20Map.jpg
after golden trout. I have to say we made a great trip of it and caught some fish. We got there on a wens. evening at dark and made the hike into Ekland Lake. ( 5.5 miles in or so) and set up camp about midnight. A group that was meeting us from utah showed up around 2 AM. Here is a view of the lake at sunrise.

we then proceeded to hoof it another 8 miles to Island Lake. Along the way we passed this gem known as seneca lake

a few action pics along the way

Old 09-27-2012, 02:46 PM
"Little Creep"

Here is the view dropping down onto Island Lake, we would sort of setup a base camp on Island and do day hikes thurs afternoon, friday, and saturday mornings from there due to one of the guys in our group having a bum knee.
Our fierce guide aka Phatty

dropping into Island Lake

Island Lake

Sperm Lake
Old 09-27-2012, 02:51 PM
"Little Creep"

After we got setup thurs we headed into Titcomb basin to go after some goldens in Mistake Lake.
White Sand beach at 10000 feet anyone?

The view on the way into Titcomb Basin

This creek would end up being the only place I got any goldens to hand. I hooked up with a few others but either lost them or got broken off.

Mistake Lake, we saw some big fish rolling but none of us could hook up with any.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:55 PM
"Little Creep"

More of Mistake

A pic on the way out back to Island that night......at that point around 16 miles for the day I was a bit haggard.

The next day I headed back up to the titcomb Lakes that sit at the base of all these peaks. Was some good looking Water and tied into some big fish but got skunked up there.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:58 PM
"Little Creep"

Finally about dark on Fri the creek I was wanting to fish started to have of all things a salmon fly hatch start coming off. Shocked me to death up that high, if I would have had another day I wouldve gone back to the upper lakes with the big fish and prob been able to tie into a few of them. Ended up catching these little guys so I could cross Golden trout off the bucket list.

Next day we hoofed it out. Ended up doing like 40-45 miles in a 4 day period with some great friends.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:03 PM
"Little Creep"

To give any Idea of the Size of the Adults we were going after and what they look like, here is a pic ( not of any of our group) of a golden caught in the Titcomb basin.

I tied into a couple that caught me off guard that would prob have gone low 20's in length.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:26 PM
REBEL

Beels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLP
Beels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLP

Cool pics Brad. Looks like there's some great riding up there...
Rebel #244
Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 PM
"Little Creep"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beels View Post
Cool pics Brad. Looks like there's some great riding up there...
That's all any of us could think about in there, problem is its all wilderness.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:54 PM
REBEL

tim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from AR
tim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from AR

looks like a sweet trip. I will be donning the backpack for bucks here soon.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Sick and Twisted

tumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from AR
tumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Awesome pics!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > Backpacking