Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES

Old 09-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Hustler

kosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLP
kosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLP
Question 2 Waver related questions

Question #1
So...are you? Just curious.

My background:
I commute year around on a bike and I believe its pretty serious business. I hate summer because every douchbag on the road waves at me. I don't generally wave back because I am paying attention to whats going on around me; that's how I have survived this long. Some people get mad that I don't wave too.
So I'm at a light and this a-hole on a Harley rides by...you know the type. ape hangers with braided tassels, stupid little chrome skull cap, Harley vest, Harley bandanna, Harley shirt, embroidered Harley chaps; waves at me and I do my usual, nothing...I don't wave back. So he decides to flip me the bird and shout "Fawking A$$hole" at me! He is not the only one either, I have gotten flipped off more than once for not waving.

But I do wave during winter when its 33F and raining sideways and I see somebody, riding to work to make a living; because I respect them a hell of a lot more than some guy on a garage queen that only sees the sun 3 months a year.

So Question #2:
Do you think I'm an a$$hole for not waving?
I humbly value your opinion as I drink cheap beer and get ready to work the rest of the holiday weekend...

Thanks,
Kosovo
waiting for winter....

M1K
Member-NCBA, SAWS, NWGC, SME
junkie#298
Team Busch Light
Old 09-01-2012, 09:46 PM
WELCOME WAGON

Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP
Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP

Waving is like guys that get upset if your not riding THEIR type of bike.
I see that a lot with other harley guys. If you don't ride harleys they don't like you.

I could care less.
Ride what you like, wave, don't wave, who cares.
I sometimes do and sometimes don't. no real reason why. I just either feel like it or I don't.

Oh, and my tolerance is 40 - 90. The heat is the big thing for me.
I am in heavy slow moving traffic in the afternoon and if it's over 90, it's sucks bigtime.

Member #81

Last edited by Ollie; 09-01-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:07 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

I don't go out of my way to wave at people (except scooters... those guys are great... Either super-excited or totally confused that someone on a bike acknowledged them). Most adventure-type bikes and especially the DS guys wave or nod... certainly fewer and further between than the chromers and street bikes out here.
If a harley/croozer/sport bike waves at me, i'll wave back.

During the winter I wave a little more often... because yeah, there's not many guys out there when there's snow on the ground or its cold out. Pretty awesome when all day at work people are commenting about how crazy you are for riding in this weather, then as i'm behind a few of those guys waiting to get out of the parking lot two more motos ride by....

Offroad, letting those you pass know how many are behind you is pretty standard practice. Same as snowmobiling.
Passed a group of DS riders in the canyon one evening, first guy two fingers, second guy one finger, last guy fist... on the street... that kinda threw me for a loop. :P
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:55 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

reminds me of another guy from washington that wouldn't wave at jeep drivers
Old 09-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Hustler

kosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLP
kosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
Oh, and my tolerance is 40 - 90. The heat is the big thing for me.
I am in heavy slow moving traffic in the afternoon and if it's over 90, it's sucks bigtime.
We don't see many 90+days here in western Washington but I understand, when its that hot its like a blast furnace. My feet feel like their on frying pans. I actually prefer it in the 30-50 range myself. But hell, I'm a sledder too.

I had another guy riding a Dyna in shorts, wife beater, and sandals tell me "your giving US a bad name". lmao...He must of had a mouse in his pocket.

M1K
Member-NCBA, SAWS, NWGC, SME
junkie#298
Team Busch Light
Old 09-05-2012, 12:07 AM
I like saying Undies

firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP
firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP

lol..................................
Old 09-05-2012, 05:15 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

Aww come on Pat respond better then that, or is your HD shirt in the way

In town I don't wave, I'm not messing around with acknowledging someone 4 lanes over when I have to worry about a Somali in a mini van.

Just out for a cruise I will let a low five or whatever you want to call it, to any bike I see. No reason not to on a nice day of riding.

Unless of course I happen to be on one of those great SE MN roads that a guy feels more comfortable leaving two hands on the bars.

And no not an ace-hole....unless you ride a Harley and don't wave.

Proud member of the BCR Chit Box Brain Trust!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:17 AM
REBEL

FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I don't go out of my way to wave at every bike but if someone waves at me, if I"m paying attention and I feel like it I'll wave back.

I'm probably more apt to wave when I'm on the chopper and the wave is coming from a hottie though!!!

I guess I have bigger worries like the D-Bag with a cranial rectal inversion (head up azzz) driving down the street either on the cell phone, yaking, texting or just plain driving like retarded drunk monkey on crack! So the waving thing is usually the last of my worries, again unless the wave is coming from some eye candy.

When it comes down to it I think it's just a mutual respect from one rider to another but some guys take it a little to serious. So wave or don't wave, what ever floats your boat.

O, by the way I guess I'm one of "those guys" as I have a Harley too but when I ride I'm not a rolling bill board for Harley Davidson, just a Harley jacket sometimes for this guy. They have taken enough money from me, I don't need to advertise for them.
HD Street Glide
Legend enclosed (The Toy Box)

Old 09-05-2012, 01:34 PM
I like saying Undies

firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP
firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Aww come on Pat respond better then that, or is your HD shirt in the way

In town I don't wave, I'm not messing around with acknowledging someone 4 lanes over when I have to worry about a Somali in a mini van.

Just out for a cruise I will let a low five or whatever you want to call it, to any bike I see. No reason not to on a nice day of riding.

Unless of course I happen to be on one of those great SE MN roads that a guy feels more comfortable leaving two hands on the bars.

And no not an ace-hole....unless you ride a Harley and don't wave.

11,000 miles since april 14th im sure i waved at someone.......when i was in sturgis with 500,000 other bikes there was 4 people we seen waving at every bike.....funny stuff wave if you like dont if you dont...wtf

I find it funny that someone would even worry about this....too much time onthere hands

and I could care less what someone wears riding and could care even more less if your a garage queen or ride till you can ride anymore...most guys i know and ride with dont care what, when or how you ride! The hatred I see from bikers is the guy who dont have any friends rides alone then gets on the internet telling everyone how hard of a biker he\she is and how everyone else is an idiot......same thing I see from the guys who dont think there any other brand but theres....possers.....im one that enjoys 2 wheels and everything about them most the people who dont know me think cuz i ride a harley i must hate metric,rockets and now i have to add scooters to the list cuz they said so on BCR......

I belive some you should find yourself a nice BIKE rally and go sometime you might just find that bikers are for bikers........but then keep riding alone and crying on the internet no one waves at you or how you hate Harley riders cuz they have a coat on..........bunch hardcore bikers here

Last edited by firecatguy; 09-05-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Prospect

hobbes Has earned a rub and tug from ARhobbes Has earned a rub and tug from ARhobbes Has earned a rub and tug from AR
hobbes Has earned a rub and tug from ARhobbes Has earned a rub and tug from ARhobbes Has earned a rub and tug from ARhobbes Has earned a rub and tug from ARhobbes Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Let me get this straight, you don't wave when it's nice out, but do wave when it's sleeting and you really do need both hands? Yep you're an asshole. LMAO

Seriously, who cares, I wave at everyone. When I'm in the car, truck, bike... doesn't matter, I always try to wave. But I also live in Bumfawk so chances are everyone I pass is someone I know. I do know one thing, if I'm on the bike and someone waves at me, I do my best to return the favor.

I do know what you are getting at though. Alot of "Harley riders" are douchebags trying to fit in with some kind of "cool crowd". Kind of reminds me of this guy, he rides his bike to work all the time so he thinks that somehow he's more of a "motorcycler" than everyone else and decides not to go out of his way to say hi.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES