Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES

Old 08-21-2012, 10:53 AM
BCR Resident Tramp

Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP
Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP

You dont have to be on a Harley to go to Sturgis or any other bike rally.
Ride what you like and can afford. Your riding buddy's should welcome your company , no matter what brand you buy.

www.canadasledparts.com

http://www.modsskis.com/
Old 08-21-2012, 01:28 PM
REBEL

woolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from AR
woolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber_Tramp View Post
Ride what you like and can afford. Your riding buddy's should welcome your company , no matter what brand you buy.
most all my freinds ride HD or Victorys , and like me are still into the "buy american" mentality , I'm gonna ride my buddies victory sometime this week , the only drawback to buying 1 is the nearest dealer is 100 miles from the house , one thing for sure , after 20 + years of tring to get me on a bike , they are all excited
Old 08-21-2012, 01:59 PM
I like saying Undies

firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP
firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber_Tramp View Post
good statment.....very tru...
Old 08-21-2012, 02:03 PM
I like saying Undies

firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP
firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP

the only reason I would not buy a metric bike is they do loose their value fast if you go and get yourself a nice used one in the 5 to 8g range that is way ahead of the game ...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...197307433.html
Old 08-21-2012, 07:55 PM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecatguy View Post
the only reason I would not buy a metric bike is they do loose their value fast if you go and get yourself a nice used one in the 5 to 8g range that is way ahead of the game ...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...197307433.html
Loose value or not overly inflated?

Let us know what you get Wooly, it really doesn't matter so long as it makes you smile when you twist the wrist and lean into the twisty

Proud member of the BCR Chit Box Brain Trust!!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:43 PM
I like saying Undies

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Loose value or not overly inflated?

Let us know what you get Wooly, it really doesn't matter so long as it makes you smile when you twist the wrist and lean into the twisty

have you shoped for a new metric bike? it may amaze you x but in my circle of friends I ride with a few of them have metrics and it may amaze you even more that one my best friends is a 5star yammi bike mec and the latest new bike to our group is a 21,000$ yammi star that wont be worth 6g in 2013 that same bike as an 07 is worth 5995$ today but in 07 sold for 16,000 now that is really loosing your ass if you ask me, now by no means is harley holding there values but they are not loosing there shirts when you sell......not trying to be a dick but the guys that i ride with that never hgad anything good to say about harleys unbelivably where just over compinsating for wanting one so bad......
Old 08-22-2012, 04:07 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecatguy View Post
have you shoped for a new metric bike? it may amaze you x but in my circle of friends I ride with a few of them have metrics and it may amaze you even more that one my best friends is a 5star yammi bike mec and the latest new bike to our group is a 21,000$ yammi star that wont be worth 6g in 2013 that same bike as an 07 is worth 5995$ today but in 07 sold for 16,000 now that is really loosing your ass if you ask me, now by no means is harley holding there values but they are not loosing there shirts when you sell......not trying to be a dick but the guys that i ride with that never hgad anything good to say about harleys unbelivably where just over compinsating for wanting one so bad......
FCG did ya miss the

Think those night shifts are messing with ya buddy.

I'm OK with metrics loosing value like that, means I can afford to buy a used one sooner!!!

Proud member of the BCR Chit Box Brain Trust!!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:23 PM
REBEL

woolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from AR
woolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from AR

thinking about buying a used dual sport ,

http://www.roadsidemotorsports.com/n...11&pov=2789111

at least if i dump it not a biggie , get my license and look for a good used HD this winter , i'd imagine the bike prices will drop in the winter ,
Old 08-22-2012, 02:28 PM
REBEL

thomps33 Has earned a rub and tug from ARthomps33 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
thomps33 Has earned a rub and tug from ARthomps33 Has earned a rub and tug from ARthomps33 Has earned a rub and tug from ARthomps33 Has earned a rub and tug from ARthomps33 Has earned a rub and tug from ARthomps33 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Anybody have any experience with HD vrod's? That's about the only bike in the HD lineup that interests me.

"A Dead Enemy Is A Peaceful Enemy - Blessed Be The Peacemakers"
Old 08-22-2012, 02:40 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolywag View Post
thinking about buying a used dual sport ,

http://www.roadsidemotorsports.com/n...11&pov=2789111

at least if i dump it not a biggie , get my license and look for a good used HD this winter , i'd imagine the bike prices will drop in the winter ,
:nod

Cheap to ride and insure, great mileage, easy to maintain, and stupid quick around town.

And you can go -anywhere-.

DRZ's are great bikes for the money and will last forever if you take care of it.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES