Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > IDAHO

Old 11-10-2009, 05:01 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation
Default South West, Franklin Basin, Bloomington

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/Idaho/idaho.html
Old 11-14-2009, 10:47 PM
"Wannabe Head Numpty"

Location: Pocatello, ID / One foot on either side of the "LINE"
Crashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLP
Crashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLP

Please let us have more snow......
Old 01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
"Wannabe Head Numpty"

Crashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLP
Crashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLP
Default update

Just a little update for the area, had a buddy ride preston on Saturday, the snow was deep about chest deep.....but that was standing on the ground.

So no base what so ever but you could get around in it. Not much climbing and felt a landmines but didn't hit anything. Sorry I saw the pics and they are now posted over on SW.

A bunch of us rode the Caribou area on Sunday and they do have a ton of snow, 3-4 feet on top of a foot base. Going was tough because the snow was heavy, just about full throttle to go across flat ground. The rocks for the most part are covered, but I did find a large one on the side of a hill that I hit at about 50, but didn't screw anything up
Old 01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Just Got Here

BearLaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saint Charles Green Canyon

We went out Saturday (the 23rd) lots of new snow, just bottomless powder I was glad to be out finally, but conditions were less than ideal. Never seen so many stuck sleds in my life. Now lets pray some of this snow settles.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Just Got Here

Default Beautiful snow and day today, but be very careful

Went up above Saint Charles today, and it was really nice, be extra careful of avalanches we had one break down a draw between snowslide canyon and North Fork Of Saint Charles Canyon... Scary stuff I always wanted to see an avalanche.. from a distance, now I've seen one up close I don't ever want to see another one.

We're heading back up tomorrow but I think we'll keep away from the climbin hills and play in the meadows as much as we can.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Just Got Here

snow seemed to be settling a bit on Saturday, but today got another foot of fresh up there. I hope everyone is careful out there. Here is a picture of the slide on the 29th.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2461.jpg (89.1 KB, 198 views)
Old 11-24-2010, 01:02 AM
"Wannabe Head Numpty"

ANYONE have an update?

[20-03, 08:15] Adrenaline Revolution Lionel, Can you make it so that every time H2 types Numpty or Sheeple or whatever term he uses to antagonize people it would read "I'm an idiot" or something like that? !
Old 11-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Just Got Here

Went up to egan basin today, still a lot of rocks showing through on the ridges, but for the most part exceptional depth and quality of snow for this time of year.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:32 PM
"Wannabe Head Numpty"

Default 2011 updates

What a dead section, guess this is probably my area to keep up to date........ooops

rode Preston on Saturday, well kinda rode think we put on about 17 miles, visability was nothing could see maybe 50 feet and without any trees for perception couldnt even tell if you were moving....

On a much more positive note, more snow than i saw all last year, and its early lots of snow and it snowed all night last night.

[20-03, 08:15] Adrenaline Revolution Lionel, Can you make it so that every time H2 types Numpty or Sheeple or whatever term he uses to antagonize people it would read "I'm an idiot" or something like that? !
Old 02-09-2011, 12:08 AM
"Wannabe Head Numpty"

Just a little update on the snow around preston, went for a beatiful day of riding last weekend. Only took a few pics, spent too much time riding and working on my kitty.

The kitty when it was still running good....top of the ridge

took a couple of sweet scenic pics

Lots of snow for this time of year, hope it keeps it up.

Buddy had a little issue at the top of the chimney above the lake, no commitment and then turned out the wrong way

Good times, but hope for some new snow everythings pretty setup and tracked up. Good news very little slide activity

Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > IDAHO