Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > WATER SPORTS

Old 03-02-2010, 08:15 PM

sledmaniak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Standups and sleds

Nice job. Thats a sweet 650 sx. I guess if winter dies out i ll just have to get a early start on my skis.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:39 PM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

What are these skis you speak of?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:17 PM

Default my skis

83 js550
86 js300 converted to440
87 300sx converting to 550
83 550.jpg

87 300sx.jpg
Old 03-04-2010, 08:47 AM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

Damn. Cant see the pics at work, but I love the older vintage! I am currently turning a '78 440 into my shop fridge and restoring an '87 wammer jammer.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:29 PM

Default skis

I dont know if the pics came thru cause i cant view them either. I have a 79 440 that is mostly used up for parts. and funny thing i also have a 89 jammer.the engine is stuck. I have a lot of work to do to the 300sx I just got the engine bed plate back from my aluminum welder yesterday. Not sure how i want to run the exhaust front or rear but if i go front i wont have room for a water box. Plus i like the front exit you have on your ski. I have two pjs reed cyl that will eventually go on the two js's.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:59 PM
CAPTAIN

I am building a custom freestyle ski now. Actually been trying to for a couple years now and have been struggling with time and money.

Will get some pics of it up when I get started back into it.

For the jammer, I got it with a siezed motor and bought a used one for like $500 outta Texas. Should be ready to run this summer.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:19 PM

Default skis

I was fighting my self on the issue of new superjet or new sled. Well I bought a new ski poo so i guess the superjet will wait. I will just have to hash it out with old skis for awhile. Got to ride a 03 kawi 800 last season and i thought it was fun but man it handled so different I felt like a tard rideing it.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:38 AM
CAPTAIN

Right. My buddy has an 03 SX-R and that is DEF a racing ski! the super jets are fun but would take alot of getting used to because they are extremely loose compared to a kawasaki.

You can pick up a good used super jet in the minneapolis area for cheap. There are quite a few of them there. I used to be a part of the Twin Cities Jet Pilots when i lived down there and many of them rode Super Jets.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:25 PM

Default super jet

Hopefully someone will have one at the lake this summer. I would like to ride one. As for the sxr it stuck to the water like mad. I almost couldnt make it skip out but in a staightline the faster i went the more i felt the ski telling me to do things i didnt need to do. I was puting weight here and there and it made like no difference. I realized that i was so usto the old js hunting at speed. What custom ski are you building now or soon?
Old 03-12-2010, 07:44 AM
CAPTAIN

The SXR is a pure Blooded race ski! it is made for hook up. The Super Jets are much more like the older skiis you are used to. If you are looking for a good all around ski, I like the 750 SXI's. They are more designed for a race ski, but still have some of the older features that you are used to.

I got hammered and cocky on my buddys SXR last summer and decided to get on it, scream WFO across the lake, and grab a 180* turn around a bouy (like you see the racers do in the videos) and scream back to shore. Well.... my judgment was a little off and I went in to the turn probably around 40mph. The ski made a perfect turn in a radius of only about 5' just like it was supposed to. I went flying!

I took a doner hull (dont ask where it came from because Im not happy with that descision) and just started chopping it up. Who knows what will come out becuase I keep changing my design as I go. but I gaurentee it will be ONE OF A KIND! haha The idea behind the build is a lightweight freestyle hull on a budget. I'll get some more pics in here when I get it back on the bench.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > WATER SPORTS