Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SITE RULES, ANNOUNCEMENTS and MEMBER INPUT > BCR FORUM RIDE -WEST YELLOWSTONE 2012

BCR FORUM RIDE -WEST YELLOWSTONE 2012 Feb 23 - 26th All information will be posted in here.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:08 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Friday, 24 Feb.
Sleep in a little, pop some ibuprofen... go get the sleds ready for another day. Tatterhood drove up yesterday, today is her first time ever on a snowmobile. Rented from Jeff's fleet of doo's... got her all ready and off we went.

I think she likes it

I find a soft spot in the trees... stuckfest ensues. Think I got stuck 5 or 6 times trying to get out of this little grove of trees.

Weather today is probably the best its been this week.

I still suck at snowmobiling.

Tatterhood still hasn't figured out the "sidehilling" thing yet.

Dogmeat tried to pull off a really cool move... tried to...

Dennis

XC
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!

Last edited by Mule; 10-22-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Moving photo hosts
Old 03-04-2012, 11:08 PM

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Headed back on the trail. Sled was still bogging through the day... getting worse now. Wouldn't rev over 5K at all now, not running real great either. Pull the plugs, mag side is really bad. Swap out for two new plugs and the 900's running like a champ again.

Haul balls on the trail out... get about 5 miles down the trail and pass XC who had stopped to piss, a little further ahead Vern had stopped at an intersection to wait for us. He gives me thumbs-up, I give him thumbs-up, he waves me on, I grab a handful of throttle and take off down the trail. Less than half a mile later, *BANG*Clank*clank*clank* ... sled shuts down and I coast to a stop on the side of the trail. Whatever happened sounded really expensive.

Tug on the recoil... Pulls over, so the top-end's not seized... but there's a clanking noise that's certainly not normal. XC pulls in front of me, Vern behind me, both realizing that whatever happened meant my week was over.

What the hell, engine spins over... hook up tether, give the starter a pull... Fires up and *CLANK*CLANK*CLANK*CLANK*... yeah, that sounds like the bottom end.

Pull the belt off, pull out the tow rope, and hitch up to XC's Pro.
2nd time -ever- my 900's been on the tail end of the tow rope - first time was the day after I bought it, it had been sitting with old fuel for about a year.
For the terrible reputation these 900s have, this one certainly treated me well. It ran well, but keeping it running well required a lot of work.

Ripped into the sled today, mag-side rod bearing came apart. Con rod just rattles on the crank. Somehow it managed to not punch a hole through the case, and it appears the top end and reeds are still in pretty good shape. But with the crank and rod damaged, it'd cost more to fix than the sled's worth. So if anyone needs some parts for an RMK 900, make me an offer.

Last thing on the schedule for the weekend is the BCR BBQ/Party at Golden West's shop. Good turnout, great food, lots of drinks, incredible giveaways, and a great time meeting everyone.

BCA had donated an airbag pack, Dennis took that home!

Big thanks to all the site sponsors who donated all the goodies. The party was great with a good week of riding.
I am a Snowmobiler!

Last edited by Mule; 10-22-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Moving photo hosts
Old 03-04-2012, 11:33 PM

Dr. Fred Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Fred Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Fred Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Fred Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Fred Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Awesome write up!! Thanks Mule!!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:39 PM

Dr. Fred Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Fred Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Fred Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Fred Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Fred Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Watcha gonna doo for a sled? Indy Dan can save that 900.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fred View Post
Watcha gonna doo for a sled? Indy Dan can save that 900.
Yea; but it's really not worth sinking that much more money into. It'd be at least $1500 to fix.

So... part it out, see what I can get out of it, and start shopping for a used Pro.
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 AM

Wow so 2k for a rippin BU sled is to much?
How can you go wrong?
JMO
Old 03-05-2012, 06:44 AM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

good write up mule
Old 03-05-2012, 06:49 AM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Great pics Mule.
I wish I could have been there to meet all the BC Rebels.
I liked the pic of your group entering Tepee Basin. Its been 1994 since I was there, and I remember that mogul'ed-out goat path of a trail to get there.

On the was back to town, on that terrible steep icy hill north of Eino's (sp/) , slid down it like a luge, hit a huge tree, totaled my Indy Trail.

Big Springs is another favorite. Love watching fish in the crystal clear waters.

Last edited by Snowizard; 03-05-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Nice thread Mule was good meeting you guys again!

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Prospect

aleks Has earned a rub and tug from AR
aleks Has earned a rub and tug from ARaleks Has earned a rub and tug from ARaleks Has earned a rub and tug from ARaleks Has earned a rub and tug from ARaleks Has earned a rub and tug from ARaleks Has earned a rub and tug from AR

great thread mule! looks like you had a blast except for the 900 imploding , and boy it does seem like you guys are magnets for stumps.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SITE RULES, ANNOUNCEMENTS and MEMBER INPUT > BCR FORUM RIDE -WEST YELLOWSTONE 2012