Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > NEW MEXICO

Old 02-12-2012, 08:33 AM

chsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Mike Duffy Avalanche Safety Class in NM

Mike Duffy will be giving a 4 hour snowmobile specific avalanche safety class in Chama, NM Saturday March 10th, from 5-9pm at the El Meson Lodge. This is a great opportunity for those of us who ride in Southern Colorado and Northern NM to get some avalanch safety information.

The cost is $49, please email me at karlthomaskt@yahoo.com if you're interested. Space is limited so sign up right away to reserve your spot.

http://avalanche1.com/

Oh, and there is also some pretty decent riding in the area too.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:28 AM
REBEL

thebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from AR
thebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Sent you an email.

Rebel #335

Old 02-13-2012, 08:53 PM

snowww1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowww1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowww1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowww1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowww1 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue.

Here are the details on the class:

Avalanche1.com
Avalanche education for mountain riders.

Four Hour Avalanche Class
Specifically for snowmobilers coming to Chama, NM

Classes are effective, proven and affordable.

Learn: How to avoid the most deadly mistakes, what equipment works best, how to rescue effectively, evaluate terrain, avoid terrain traps, recognize trigger points, analyze stability, survive the night out and increase your skills in the mountains.

All participants
receive a discount on avalanche gear.

Upcoming class:
New Mexico:
March 10,2012
location: El Meson Lodge. 2667 S Hwy 84-64 Chama, NM 87520 575-756-2114
Time: 5:00pm-9:00pm Saturday
Sign up: Call Karl Thomas 505-412-7043 or email karlthomaskt@yahoo.com or duffyww1@aol.com.
Cost $49. Must sign up in advance, limited space.

Take the class with those you ride with

Four hour avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue class.

Instructor: Mike Duffy. Level I & II Avalanche instructor Colorado Mountain College, rescue/avalanche team leader/avalanche mission coordinator Vail Mountain Rescue Group, instructor Walter Kirch Avalanche Seminars, Silverton Avalanche School. Graduate of National Avalanche School, National Academy of Winter Guiding and AVPRO. Mountain Snowmobiler for 20 years. Member American Avalanche Association. Trained by BCA, Snowpulse, and Ortovox. Provided training to Arctic Cat, Polaris and Ski-Doo.

Course content:
-Introduction to avalanches, statistics, contributing factors.
-Avalanche reports.
-Signs of instability/stability analysis.
-Equipment.
-What to carry and what works best.
-Avalanche beacons.
-Fast and effective single and multiple burial searches.
-Rescue
-Avalanche survival methods
-Deploying avalanche airbag packs
-Effective hasty search techniques.
-Mistakes in rescue.
-Group Dynamics/heuristics.
-Slide show: Terrain Evaluation/terrain traps.
-Preparing for your trip.
-What to do if lost or injured.
-Stability tests.
-Scenarios.

On the snow rescue classes in CO and WY, Prerequisite is 4 hour avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue class.
Details will be posted on:
Avalanche1.com

Our goal is to reduce avalanche accidents among snowmobilers and to save lives.
These classes make it easy to get avalanche education.

Sixteen years avalanche education teaching experience.

If you want a class in your area, please contact:
Mike Duffy 970-390-9433 Eagle, Colorado
Email: duffyww1@aol.com
Old 02-13-2012, 09:02 PM
REBEL

boondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLP
boondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLP

Karl can you sign me up , will also e mail you
Old 02-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Prospect

Ninja Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Ninja Has earned a rub and tug from ARNinja Has earned a rub and tug from ARNinja Has earned a rub and tug from ARNinja Has earned a rub and tug from ARNinja Has earned a rub and tug from ARNinja Has earned a rub and tug from ARNinja Has earned a rub and tug from ARNinja Has earned a rub and tug from ARNinja Has earned a rub and tug from ARNinja Has earned a rub and tug from ARNinja Has earned a rub and tug from ARNinja Has earned a rub and tug from ARNinja Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I would have really liked to go to this but I will be in ID. BF, take good notes for me please.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Prospect

jjw67x2 Has earned a rub and tug from ARjjw67x2 Has earned a rub and tug from ARjjw67x2 Has earned a rub and tug from ARjjw67x2 Has earned a rub and tug from ARjjw67x2 Has earned a rub and tug from ARjjw67x2 Has earned a rub and tug from ARjjw67x2 Has earned a rub and tug from ARjjw67x2 Has earned a rub and tug from ARjjw67x2 Has earned a rub and tug from ARjjw67x2 Has earned a rub and tug from ARjjw67x2 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Email sent
Old 02-14-2012, 06:58 PM

chsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from ARchsdaddy Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Got 10 so far. I am going to have my wife take the class and if conditions allow, take her snowmobile skiing on Sunday. Never done it and she wants to try it.

I will also be going up Friday Morning (3/9) to ride all weekend.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
REBEL

boondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLP
boondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsdaddy View Post
Got 10 so far. I am going to have my wife take the class and if conditions allow, take her snowmobile skiing on Sunday. Never done it and she wants to try it.

I will also be going up Friday Morning (3/9) to ride all weekend.
add 1 more Mike Rose...........
Old 02-20-2012, 12:06 AM

snowww1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowww1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowww1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowww1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowww1 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Snowmobile skiing

I'll show you my snowmobile skiing set-up for towing a skier. Mike Duffy
Old 03-06-2012, 10:52 AM
REBEL

Ghostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Ghostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from ARGhostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from ARGhostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from ARGhostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from ARGhostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from ARGhostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from ARGhostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from ARGhostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from ARGhostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from ARGhostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from ARGhostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from ARGhostrider DD Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Hey count on 2 more: Kory Simmons & Larry Hicks
02 Polaris 800 RMK 156

08 Polaris 800 RZR
04 Polaris 600 Sportsman
Member of NM Wildbunch!!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > NEW MEXICO