Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > DAKOTAS

Old 02-28-2013, 03:26 AM
REBEL

7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Haha, the Air Force must have something against sledders. It's just cruel to send you guys from Alaska to ND.

Grand Forks or Minot?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 PM

Lugnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 View Post
Haha, the Air Force must have something against sledders. It's just cruel to send you guys from Alaska to ND.

Grand Forks or Minot?
Minot and I already cant wait to taste montana snow. Cooke city looks like my kind of town!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:45 PM
REBEL

7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Haha, me too. The whole Afghan sand flavor has gotten pretty stale.

Cooke is definitely pretty cool, even during the summer.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:27 PM

Lugnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I'm going to just sell my 2012 polaris RMK PRO 163" and snow check a 2014 . Any suggestions on the dealership to go with in or around minot? I'll just pick it up in the lower 48 that way I'm haulin less. Suggestions?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:59 AM
REBEL

I have been pretty happy with the customer service at Action Motor Sports in Mandan. Especially with Kristin, she is definitely on top of her game.

Bought my '11 Pro from them over the phone, it was the last one in the upper midwest at the time and they held it for me for a week even with multiple cash in hand buyers. They were quick to call if there was any issues or updates with getting parts or accessories and they have been really good with shipping parts or holding on to them until I could get down there. Definitely worth the 3 hour drive for me, IMO.

I've pretty much had a complete opposite experience with Vallely's in Minot over the past 12 years or so, along with quite a few other people. However, it's been about 3 years since I've been in there so maybe things have changed.

There is Johnson Sport center in Bottineau, but I've only dealt with them once and it was 7-8 years ago. It was definitely a good experience and I wouldn't hesitate to go back, but buying a fuel pump rebuild kit doesn't amount to a whole lot. However, they did get a buddy, Quinlan, up and running after he blew a shock. Took it off one of their sleds if I remember correctly.

Action - Mandan, about 2 hours south of Minot, 2.5 from base.

http://www.actionsportspolaris.com/default.asp

Vallely - Minot

http://www.vallelymarine.com/

Johnson Sport Center - Bottineau, about an hour northeast of the base.

Their website seems to be down or at least doesn't work here.
www.johnsonsportcenter.com
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

X2 on Action in Mandan, I will admit I use to have some issues dealing there a couple years back but the place has done a complete 180* as far as customer service and how they deal with people. As far as a Polaris dealer I would say they are one of if not the best in the state to deal with.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 03-07-2013, 08:05 AM
REBEL

Quinlan Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Quinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 View Post
There is Johnson Sport center in Bottineau, but I've only dealt with them once and it was 7-8 years ago. It was definitely a good experience and I wouldn't hesitate to go back, but buying a fuel pump rebuild kit doesn't amount to a whole lot. However, they did get a buddy, Quinlan, up and running after he blew a shock. Took it off one of their sleds if I remember correctly.
I don't think Johnsons deals Polaris; they're not listed as a dealer anyway. With that being said, I have always liked them as a dealer, regardless of brand. As mentioned, I blew out a shock one year on my '98 ZR, and not having the parts to service it, they pulled a shock off one of their used sleds to get me through the day. They mailed me my shock when it was fixed, and I returned their shock with my payment. Pretty generous of them...

As far as dealers around Minot, I think I'd have to hand it to Action out of Mandan also. While I have not dealt with them yet, I have heard good things recently from others. Vallely's in Minot is obviously closer, but I have been less than impressed with them. I lost pretty much all respect for them a couple years ago when I dropped off my '04 Yamaha Raptor 660 to get serviced (they're a Yamaha dealer also mind you). The guy that came out of the shop to get it couldn't even ride it since it had a clutch. When I went to pick it up a few weeks later, a different guy couldn't get it into reverse, and was too lazy to simply push it out of the spot it was in. He made me walk to the lot and get it...

A mountain lion roaming the prairie found a bull, killed it, and ate the entire bull. With a heavy belly, unable to walk, the lion laid in the tall grass moaning and roaring. Soon a hunter, attracted by the roaring, shot and killed the lion. Moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!

Last edited by Quinlan; 03-07-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 PM
REBEL

FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Not to sound like a broken record but another vote for Action Sports in Mandan. Great dealership that just keeps getting better and better.

I've been dealing with them for years and have purchased 7 different units from them and have been very happy. I'll continue to utilize and recommend them to anyone looking.

If for what ever reason, they cannot help you out another good dealership is Herrieid Sporting Center, out of Herreid SD.

http://www.herreidsportingctr.com/
HD Street Glide
Legend enclosed (The Toy Box)

Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 PM
REBEL

RMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from AR
RMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from AR

X4 for Action and Harreid, I have never had a bad experience at Action.
Member #108

'16 Axys RMK 800
Old 03-11-2013, 11:09 PM
"bottom end killer "

flatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from AR
flatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I am biased but I deal with Hiway Service out of Hankison, ND. Mike and Kelly are top notch. Mike took Quinlan and I out a couple times this winter and showed us the honey holes of ND and had a blast. Mike has been fair to my dad and I when dealing on sleds or ATVs. I have bought 2 sleds from him in the last 2 years and 2 ATVS from him and will be dealing on a new Ranger soon with him. If I didn't have Mike I would go to Herried.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > DAKOTAS