Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED

TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED If it's boosted it goes here!

Old 01-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Just Got Here

edavis0202 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Turbo for PRO???

The Pro has been out for a couple years now. Who out there makes the best turbo set up?

I see more and more kits available from different vendors and names I havent heard of.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

There are a lot of different kits out there that are working good for the pro.

IMO the three best being the boondocker, silber, HM turbo kits.

Boondockers as a lot more bells and whistles that a lot of people like, and have been running really good this year.

Silbers kits work good, haven't heard of a lot of issues as of yet.

Hm kits have the water2air intercooler which cuts down charge temps a bunch however they run an aero style turbo which runs way hotter. SO its kinda give and take there.

You can't go wrong with any of these kits.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Just Got Here

From talking to Silber, I think they are the best bolt and go kit with little break in.

Thanks for the comment!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 PM
REBEL

Roadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Roadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I am in the process of installing a Silber turbo as we speak. Well Philips Rec here in Fairbanks is doing it but I watched for a few minutes. They have some experience in turbo kits and they say the installation while technical is straightforward. I will have it in the hills this weekend for tuning. I will report back with further info after it runs.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (73.5 KB, 389 views)

House Job Wife Kids 2 Black Labs Ford [=] Truck
And a trashed pair of.........Cats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT7Qts2FXNg
best vid on utube
Old 01-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Just Got Here

yea, the install seems pretty clean. thanks for the imput
Old 01-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Just Got Here

sledstew is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by edavis0202 View Post
The Pro has been out for a couple years now. Who out there makes the best turbo set up?

I see more and more kits available from different vendors and names I havent heard of.
Give me a call ,i will fill you in . I just finished up dynoing and field testing all the kits and there is actually no comparison. One of the three is way better!!!

Jake
701-202-6304
Old 01-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledstew View Post
Give me a call ,i will fill you in . I just finished up dynoing and field testing all the kits and there is actually no comparison. One of the three is way better!!!

Jake
701-202-6304
Care to fill us in on your finding?
Old 01-21-2012, 05:43 PM
REBEL

XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP
XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP

Yeah just spit it out, curious minds want to know and I'd bet it'd be easier than answering a 100 phone calls.
Rebel #86

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 01-22-2012, 03:35 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledstew View Post

Jake
701-202-6304
is this the the triple 7 jake that was partners with dave?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Very Long Member

papafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from AR
papafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I too am curious. I have a pro in my immenent future and of course boost will become a necessity
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED