Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > ARCTIC CAT

Old 12-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
Default Arctic cat primary rebuild parts

Clutching parts:
spiders complete not listed to fit the M but will fit all from 99 up 09
0746-115 and 0746-118
To rebuild the spider:
Spider repair kit (rollers, pins, washers, and pucks) will fit M and all 99 up
1639-029
kit includes:
Roller 0746-067 (3)
washer 0646-327 (6)
pin 0646-270 (10.3mm) (3)
button 0646-293 (6)
Chive bushing can be found at thunderproducts.com by calling 320-597-2700 or SLP
Tools:
Nut tool http://startinglineproducts.com/cata...&productID=330
Spider tool
http://startinglineproducts.com/cata...&productID=340
Clutch holding tool
http://startinglineproducts.com/cata...&productID=313
Puller:
http://startinglineproducts.com/cata...&productID=312
Don not use the socket portion of the nut and spider tool Buy a 3' pipe wrench at the local Home depot and add 5' of pipe over the handle as needed.

I don't know for sure but the 10-11 spider I hear has a different thread pitch on the spider, the M1000 has the same thread as the spider listed above. Also don't know for sure if the button and roller will fit the 10-11.

Apply light heat to the spider first before pulling it and lock tite it when applied.

All cat springs for dive and driven, came arms and helix part numbers
http://www.alpha-sports.com/sled/other/05.htm

Last edited by 76FoMoCo; 12-09-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:49 PM
REBEL

backcountryislife Has earned a rub and tug from ARbackcountryislife Has earned a rub and tug from ARbackcountryislife Has earned a rub and tug from ARbackcountryislife Has earned a rub and tug from AR
backcountryislife Has earned a rub and tug from ARbackcountryislife Has earned a rub and tug from ARbackcountryislife Has earned a rub and tug from ARbackcountryislife Has earned a rub and tug from ARbackcountryislife Has earned a rub and tug from ARbackcountryislife Has earned a rub and tug from ARbackcountryislife Has earned a rub and tug from AR

So, all but the 10 & 11 can be rebuilt then huh?

14 XM 154... waiting for mods.

Looking for Lightweight or Diamond drive parts?
PM me for discount prices on BDX parts.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by backcountryislife View Post
So, all but the 10 & 11 can be rebuilt then huh?
I'm betting you can rebuild the spider on the 10-11 with the same rollers and parts just don't know about getting a spider. I still have not had one apart to see if the threads on the spider it's self is different from the 09 and back. The big problem is the cost of the tools.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:05 PM
REBEL

freighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
freighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76FoMoCo View Post
I'm betting you can rebuild the spider on the 10-11 with the same rollers and parts just don't know about getting a spider. I still have not had one apart to see if the threads on the spider it's self is different from the 09 and back. The big problem is the cost of the tools.
so for one to do all this whats it gonna cost in the end?i paid $350 for a new calibrated primary from factory in january.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Captain Stick Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by freighttrain1010 View Post
so for one to do all this whats it gonna cost in the end?i paid $350 for a new calibrated primary from factory in january.
thats the problem unless your going to do 12 of them or better the its a no brainier. I ride a LOT of miles in the year so for me it is a matter of no down time and do a few of my buddies stuff to help cover the cost. now if you just have a bad roller then it gets closer to helping cover the costs.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:29 PM
REBEL

freighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
freighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from ARfreighttrain1010 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76FoMoCo View Post
thats the problem unless your going to do 12 of them or better the its a no brainier. I ride a LOT of miles in the year so for me it is a matter of no down time and do a few of my buddies stuff to help cover the cost. now if you just have a bad roller then it gets closer to helping cover the costs.
yea i had one roller shot and the weight was toast also had a new clutch in 1 day,thanks to a great dealer!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:06 PM
"Wannabe Head Numpty"

Location: Pocatello, ID / One foot on either side of the "LINE"
Crashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLP
Crashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLP

This needs stickied or added to the one sticky we have

[20-03, 08:15] Adrenaline Revolution Lionel, Can you make it so that every time H2 types Numpty or Sheeple or whatever term he uses to antagonize people it would read "I'm an idiot" or something like that? !
Old 12-29-2012, 09:38 PM
REBEL

rich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
rich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrich_d999 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

If your replacing a broken spider your better off gping with a billit one from supreme tool.

*Improved stock*
Old 12-29-2012, 10:01 PM
REBEL

Bocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Bocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by freighttrain1010 View Post
where did you get a whole clutch for 350? i just sent mine to the racin station in idaho to get the rollers replaced do to one bad roller. im sure ill have $200 into it by the time i am done with shipping and everything.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Prospect

spomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from AR
spomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I buy my clutches from catdeals.com they are usually 300-330 depending on the exact one. uncalibrated means no weights or springs.

thanks 76 I knew the cat clutches were rebuild able but didn't know the part numbers. thanks man

Trees are mostly air....mostly.....Cept'n that center part!!!!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > ARCTIC CAT