Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken

Old 12-25-2011, 05:51 PM
THE CREW

Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP
Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP

Don't forget dessert!

simple dessert....pear tart tatin

grab some small baking dishes

peel/core and cut up some pears...no too ripe

toss pears with a dash of cinnamon..to your liking

grab a non reactive pan...add 2 cups of sugar burner on high

sugar will start to melt...stir slowly

browing will start....you just made caramel

stir till smooth consistency and just brow...will burn quick so move fast

pour into bottom of dishes

cover with cut pears/cinnamon

cover with pasty dough...home made or store bought will work (follow package directions for thawing) slit middle to vent

bake 350 until golden brown and bubbley on the edges...let cool for 20 min

to plate...cover with small plate and flip it over....pastry on the bottom pears on top...carmel sauce will pour over. Serve with generous scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream.....yum
Old 12-25-2011, 06:19 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

thats how we did it when i worked at buger king too looks good diz
Old 12-25-2011, 06:30 PM
REBEL

dstrbdxpak Has earned a rub and tug from AR
dstrbdxpak Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Lookin fantastic!! Cooking is a passion of mine and I took notes on your prime rib cut!
Old 12-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

we do some thing close 500 for 25 min and 200 after and i like to take it out at 128 deg and let stand for 15 min covered MMMM. i use a internal thermometer and pick the coldest location before you put it in the oven.
you can sub the pairs for apples too.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:08 PM
THE CREW

Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP
Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP

Old 12-26-2011, 11:04 AM
REBEL

PJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR
PJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Now, could on do the same, but in a smoker? I would think you could but time would be a huge factor.

Since PR is never really cooked well done, more medium to medium rare. Do you check to see it's at the desired completion with a thermometer?

JR: "By the time I got to Omaha to pick up my new sled, I was so tired I thought the Care Bears were my co-pilots."
Old 12-26-2011, 11:14 AM
THE CREW

I insert a long paring knife into the center....then judge on how hot the tip of the knife is when I touch it to my bottom lip. Weird I know.....but how I was taught by an old timer many years ago

125 on a thermo...let rest before carving.

Prep would be the same if you wanted to smoke....although putting a 100$ cut of meat in the smoker would not be my first choice
Old 12-26-2011, 03:12 PM
REBEL

PJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR
PJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Why? I love the flavor that wood brings out in food.

I'm much better with grille and smoker cooking than I am in the kitchen with an oven. I'm afraid that I'd dry it out.

And where in the blazes do you buy your meat??? I can get a cut from the Meat market in town for less than that. You guys joke about Kremtucky but I kid you not, that butcher has been bringing people from all over to buy his cuts for decades. He's retired and he sold it to his intern kid, but the stipulation was that the kid could add custom cuts and recipes but COULD NOT change the old. This kid is every bit as good as the old guy. He's so good that I plan on buying a couple lambs at the 4H sale next summer.

JR: "By the time I got to Omaha to pick up my new sled, I was so tired I thought the Care Bears were my co-pilots."
Old 12-26-2011, 04:25 PM
THE CREW

That's the difference between prime and choice

Smoker is just one tool in my arsenal...not my main one either.

Smoker for me is a way to take inexpensive/inferior cuts of meat and make them better.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:33 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudizzle View Post
That's the difference between prime and choice

Smoker is just one tool in my arsenal...not my main one either.

Smoker for me is a way to take inexpensive/inferior cuts of meat and make them better.
Bingo

Good looking ribeye right there diz. You ever done one on spit? I know a little different way to cook them. Couple years ago I was into doing roasts on a rotis. and did a couple of prime ribs that way and they turned out fantastic.

Those pear deals look tasty too.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken