Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken

Old 12-24-2011, 12:20 PM
THE CREW

Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP
Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP
Default Cooking with Cox....Prime Rib

9lb 4 blade bone in prime rib

remove chain over bones

remove meat between ribs

scrape off bone casing

half frenched

fully frenched

roll cut the eye

season with herbs and spices
Old 12-24-2011, 12:20 PM
THE CREW

Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP
Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP

truss every inch

rub with spices

cut slits to stuff with garlic and herbs

rough cut veggies to put in roasting pan

ready for the oven 425 for 15 minutes...turn down to 325 15 minutes per pound
Old 12-24-2011, 12:26 PM
THE CREW

Brown off the trimming in a heavy pan until crispy and brown...reduce with a bottle of red wine....simmer with 6 cups beef stock while roast is cooking

Add drippings from pan after roast is done. skim off fat

bring to a boil....strain ....yummy au jus
Old 12-24-2011, 12:28 PM
REBEL

2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP
2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP

wow that looks good

The New Definition of Minority Is "Working, Tax Paying, Citizen"

www.seidahoinvestigations.com
Old 12-24-2011, 10:29 PM
THE CREW

Old 12-24-2011, 10:48 PM

HOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from AR
HOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from ARHOTRODREDNECK Has earned a rub and tug from AR

why do you expose the bones like that? im doing a 14lb prime rib tomorrow. dave told me you are a hell of a chef!

ready to ride my new pro rmk instead of breaking it.... bring on da snow
Old 12-24-2011, 10:58 PM
REBEL

Bocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Bocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTRODREDNECK View Post
why do you expose the bones like that?
x2....i have never done that before?
Old 12-25-2011, 12:37 AM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

:drool

That looks *really* good.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 12-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Good classical presentation and meal there. Thanks for the pics DUZ

a little quicker way to get the bone casings off is to score 360* around the base of the bone. Then take your butcher string/twine, loop once, place around bone, pull both ends tight and with a squeze and twist motion in the upwards direction, SHHHWAAAMMOO.. clean bone.. (disclaimer: may take you a couple times to master technique )
Old 12-25-2011, 05:50 PM
THE CREW

Nice tip rebel...I do some scoring first too.

Boned out like that....cause I'm a chef not a shoemaker! This whole process take me about 7-8 minutes...so not much time for me

couple of reasons.

That meat is fatty and I use to make the sauce. If you cut it out and didn't clean them...when roasted they would look burnt up...not pretty and white.

It also is nice to season the back side...then when you carve you end up with these rib lollipops....mmmm...meat on a natural stick.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken