Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 12-15-2009, 08:14 PM

Skippyh2o is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Fix for your broken adjuster pin on XP chassis

I was unloading my XP off my sled deck and the chain was ratcheting. I pulled the cover and found the pin and adjuster laying in the bottom.
So, here is the fix.
Tap the pin (it is hollow), clean the hole and the pin, apply RTV black silicone, thread a bolt with a lock nut into your freshly cut threads and tighten the locknut down until the pin tightens up.
WALL-AH! D O N E!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01543.jpg (66.2 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01544.jpg (37.7 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01547.jpg (54.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01548.jpg (71.2 KB, 85 views)
2008 Ski-doo REV-XP "X" 154 Serial #007
WSSA MEMBER, ARE YOU?
153x15 Power Claw track (No Porting), nordlocks, Rooster helix, HID SOURCE projector headlights, MBRP can, Slydog skis, Straightline Performance Y-pipe and smittysspeedworks bar risers.
www.hidsource.com
http://www.youtube.com/skippyh2o

Last edited by Skippyh2o; 12-15-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:26 PM
REBEL

teeroy Has earned a rub and tug from ARteeroy Has earned a rub and tug from ARteeroy Has earned a rub and tug from ARteeroy Has earned a rub and tug from ARteeroy Has earned a rub and tug from ARteeroy Has earned a rub and tug from ARteeroy Has earned a rub and tug from AR

not sure of the pin you are speaking of....the cast hinge (pin?) for the adjuster arm broke off? or the circlip came off the pin for the chain slider? I'm assuming the latter....first I've heard of this, is it common?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Prospect

DaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from AR
DaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Good job. Excellent low-buck repair.

It's the pivot for the adjuster Teeroy.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:30 PM
REBEL

teeroy Has earned a rub and tug from ARteeroy Has earned a rub and tug from ARteeroy Has earned a rub and tug from ARteeroy Has earned a rub and tug from ARteeroy Has earned a rub and tug from ARteeroy Has earned a rub and tug from ARteeroy Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
Good job. Excellent low-buck repair.

It's the pivot for the adjuster Teeroy.
lol....roger....there were no pics when I posted that...my bad. who would have thought that would break off? wow...one more thing

and I agree, great fix....thank you skippy

Last edited by teeroy; 12-15-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Prospect

DaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from AR
DaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from AR

He sneak attacked ya with no pics...hahaha. Never seen this piece break....but obviously it can happen. This looks like a great tip.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:38 PM
REBEL

skippy, can you post which tap/thread size you used? will add the required items to my travel kit. usually don't pack the tap and die set...lol
Old 12-16-2009, 06:00 AM
JUNKLESS

ski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLP
ski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLP

Nice fix man
Old 12-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Prospect

whitefish Has earned a rub and tug from AR
whitefish Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhitefish Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhitefish Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhitefish Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Skippy- you are hard on things.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:41 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

skippy hate to tell but man your hands are wierd looking, you want to see a dermatoligst (sp)
Old 12-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Banned

H2SNOW Has earned a rub and tug from ARH2SNOW Has earned a rub and tug from AR
H2SNOW Has earned a rub and tug from ARH2SNOW Has earned a rub and tug from ARH2SNOW Has earned a rub and tug from ARH2SNOW Has earned a rub and tug from ARH2SNOW Has earned a rub and tug from ARH2SNOW Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Du View Post
skippy hate to tell but man your hands are wierd looking, you want to see a dermatoligst (sp)
I counted 3 fingers and 1 thumb ...If I didn't know better I'd say Mickey Mouse was the mechanic

Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO