Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS

BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS We all like to see builds from the crate up. Bring us along for the creation.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Prospect

Snow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from AR

As promised here are some pics. I don't know how to get comments on them so...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg L-side cutout.jpg (54.0 KB, 949 views)
File Type: jpg L-side chaincase.jpg (54.4 KB, 945 views)
File Type: jpg R-side.jpg (59.1 KB, 943 views)
File Type: jpg R-side speedo.jpg (43.7 KB, 945 views)
Old 12-30-2011, 02:22 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Friend of my brothers has some software and a tube bender. They have some cad software and enter the data into the computer, it prints out the length of the pipe needed, where to bend and at what angle to bend it to. They made a custom lift and widening kit for a Polaris Razor. I'll see if I can find any pics or if they have a web site.

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 12-30-2011, 06:58 PM
REBEL

lshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from AR
lshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from AR

How much do both of those mounts weigh? Are you going to have a speedo? I saw the cap with the speedo sender - that will add weight that you will want to ditch if so.

Is that mounting for the chaincase to keep it from flexing? seems pretty heavy duty.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Prospect

Snow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lshobie View Post
How much do both of those mounts weigh? Are you going to have a speedo? I saw the cap with the speedo sender - that will add weight that you will want to ditch if so.

Is that mounting for the chaincase to keep it from flexing? seems pretty heavy duty.
The two pieces shown are the left and right side of my frame. The sheetmetal is where the chaincase mounts. As far as the speedo goes, I am planning on having one.
the weight of the pieces is pretty light considering its a structural part of the sled. they are made from 1" square, with .058 wall thickness. I had to cut clearance holes in them for the chaincase and the speedo/bearing cap.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Prospect

Got some work done over the long weekend. was able to get the left and right sides of the drive axle support frame complete enough to test fit my chain case. Then welded the cross pieces in place. Now I can start working my way forward with to the front frame where the engine and front suspensions mounts.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Very Long Member

papafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from AR
papafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from ARpapafinger Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Unbelievable! There is no way i would even consider taking on a task like this. WoW! Good luck and I will be watching your progress closely....

Would offer to help but all I can offer is .
Old 01-03-2012, 07:12 PM
REBEL

lshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from AR
lshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from ARlshobie Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Very cool!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by papafinger View Post
Unbelievable! There is no way i would even consider taking on a task like this. WoW! Good luck and I will be watching your progress closely....

Would offer to help but all I can offer is .
Thanks for the support. I have several reasons for attempting this project. I don't currently have a sled to ride, but had some of the parts available for cheap/free. I'm a Mechanical Engineer so I'm always thinking of ways to design things better. So I decided to build as light a sled I can with the parts I have and a fairly tight budget. It has been fun so far and that is the point right!

Oh and thanks for the drink!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Prospect

Got some more work done of the front half of the frame. I don't have any of the gussets in place yet. I think its going well. Will hopefully get the top pieces between the flat plates in before the end of the weekend. Also got my front shocks that ordered, will have to model them up and look at how they will be put in...

Old 01-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Just Got Here

K-len is an unknown quantity at this point

anything new?
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS