Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > VINTAGE SLEDS

Old 02-20-2014, 04:24 PM
REBEL

Brightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Brightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
What would the Massey, evenrude, and Chaparral be worth given they are currently not running, but turn over smoothly, and complete-ish?
100-150 each 250 for the bunch.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:46 PM
REBEL

CatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from AR
CatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from AR

anything that moves under its own power (less its a 3rd round derby car) and not flinging sparks, or belching smoke is worth $200 minimum

Team Frosty Fro
Old 02-28-2014, 09:44 AM
Just Got Here

Dirtdoctorlj Has earned a rub and tug from ARDirtdoctorlj Has earned a rub and tug from ARDirtdoctorlj Has earned a rub and tug from ARDirtdoctorlj Has earned a rub and tug from ARDirtdoctorlj Has earned a rub and tug from AR

here is a pic of my 79 ski doo 7500+ and my old 76 motoski sonic can not believe I chased critters down with it...future project sled...NOT FOR SALE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my 7500+ 002.jpg (66.7 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg my 7500+ 005.jpg (89.3 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg my sonic 009.jpg (77.6 KB, 182 views)
Old 02-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Just Got Here

AKRMK is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm working on a 1980 Ski Doo Blizzard 7500+ to start racing up here. Pretty cool sled. Liquid 340 with twin carbs and twin pipes. About 65 HP stock but you can add 10-15 to that pretty easy. It is a bit of a pig though.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:02 PM

a572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Sweet Blizzard!
Old 03-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Prospect

Reeb Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Reeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I have a couple of rare sleds myself.
1976, '77, and '78 Canadian 250cc Championship sleds.
'76 Merc Twister
'77 Ski-Doo 250cc Super Mod. The motor was actually used in the '76 Merc chassis to take the crown in '77.
'78 Ski-Doo 250cc Super Mod
I also have another '78 Ski-Doo 340cc Super Stock chassis that I want to convert to a '79 with either a 340 or 440 with period correct motor and modify the way I want to so I can race it eventually.

Learning about, and making contacts is half the fun in restoring these sleds. It's ridiculously expensive to restore them to former glory(My '78 SM/I used various titanium parts not easily found as you may suspect) but all in all, it's going to be amazing once done.
I'm looking for another Twister too, one that I can modify for vintage racing. So I can have a springer, and a IFS to race when the time comes.

The Holy Grail of vintage race sleds would be the first liquid cooled Yamaha race sleds, '77 Ski-Doo IFS race sleds(Most factory racers where given springer sleds to start the season, it was only when Ski-Doo saw how unmatched they were, did they build some IFS racers for the top factory racers to use.(Arctic-Cat did the same thing) And in all actuality, all three teams had IFS sleds in pre-season testing in Thompson Manitoba however multiple crashes destroyed the sleds and put the project on hold for the remaining sleds that were left. Only when the Polaris domination was apparent, did they re-instate the IFS projects. So the '77 IFS Cat and Doo's would be masterpieces to get a hold of as well.

I'd love to own a stable of Z racers from '76 to '80 as well. But that's down the road some years. Haha

Also, I'd consider a '79 Scorpion race sled would be a cherry(pun intended) on my collection. My dad had the chance to buy Brad Hulings race sled one year after the CPTC and declined. Said he couldn't justify buying a used sled for the same price as he could buy a new one from the race department. He regrets it to this day!

As far as other "Holy Grail" sleds, they are all owned by, or lent to museums and not for sale.
Some guys have amazing collections, and one day I hope to grow mine. But not before the restoration is done on the ones I have first.

NMFH....an enigma wrapped in a riddle.....

94 zr 700 twin turbo mach z triple with a holly double
pumper and belt drive.......on NAWWWZ!!!

Forever Sled'n...
Old 10-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Prospect

whiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhiskey al Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Sno- Jet Thunder Jet, Look one of those up!!!
Old 11-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Prospect

wildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey al View Post
Sno- Jet Thunder Jet, Look one of those up!!!
My Dads 74 T-Jet 650 mod

Old 11-11-2014, 05:56 PM
REBEL

143777 Offical PLP143777 Offical PLP143777 Offical PLP143777 Offical PLP
143777 Offical PLP143777 Offical PLP143777 Offical PLP143777 Offical PLP143777 Offical PLP143777 Offical PLP143777 Offical PLP143777 Offical PLP

Nice Snojet there Wildwolf.

Steve
Old 12-17-2015, 09:10 PM

a572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from AR

The original JD TR-800 Clutch in my '83 Liquifire was about to start spitting parts out, so I replaced it with a shiny new Comet 108 EXP.

So, I had to take it out and ride it in the backyard tonight. Good thing my neighbors don't care!

Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > VINTAGE SLEDS