Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > VINTAGE SLEDS

Old 10-11-2011, 06:29 PM
REBEL

Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I've got a pair of tnt's in my back yard that are in pretty Dang Goo shape. And they both run Haha

07 X-RS, SHR860R, aftermarket this, modified that blah blah blah......sold
07 X-RS, SHR800R.....sold
06 summit-X, SHR 800HO, big wheels, big track, still not fast.....sold

2005 CR500AF, ported, polished, and built by me.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Prospect

onlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from AR
onlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I've never owned one but from what I have read Merc Sno-twisters were probably the fastest and best handling leaf-sprung sleds back in the day and I think it is still possible to find one in a barn or back yard although they are becoming quite valuable with the popularity of vintage racing returning, otherwise you can't go wrong with a 78-79 skidoo 250-340 ifs ice racer, skidoos first IFS sled, occasionally one comes up on ebay but they are spendy.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:48 AM
REBEL

Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP
Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP

^^^^ Twisters are spendy right now. I know where a 76 SRX factory race sled & SSR sits right now, I almost had the whole lot for $2000.00 5 years ago. The guy has tons of parts to go with the sleds even factory efi kits that yami never got to work right back then. That SSR would bring 5-6k right now.

These “odious debts” are considered to be the personal debts of the tyrants who incurred them, rather than the country’s debt
Old 10-13-2011, 09:39 AM
2 ply

2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR
2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR2broke4new Has earned a rub and tug from AR

1976 John Deere Liquidator. Winner of the 1976 I-500. 340 cc's and kicked butt.
I will gladly buy one if somebody has one in a barn!!

The Liquidator is one of Deere's most respected models, due to it's power, speed, and aggressive styling. It was the third generation of purpose-built cross country race machines. The chassis was based on the 340/S, and is very similar to the Liquifire & Cyclone. The big difference from the 340/S was the liquid-cooled engine, with big radiator and hood scoop.

In the 1976 race season, Brian Nelson & Hubert Fixsen won the Winnipeg-St. Paul I-500 snowmobile race on a Liquidator

Last edited by 2broke4new; 10-13-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:03 PM
REBEL

whee Has earned a rub and tug from AR
whee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I can't say it's a "holy grail" but I really like the snojet SST. I've got a 1976 SST 440 that will become my daughters first sled...

Hers - 06 M7 800 BB...at lest that's what the salesman told me. It's actually a bone stock 700.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:30 PM

skibumm Has earned a rub and tug from AR
skibumm Has earned a rub and tug from ARskibumm Has earned a rub and tug from ARskibumm Has earned a rub and tug from ARskibumm Has earned a rub and tug from ARskibumm Has earned a rub and tug from ARskibumm Has earned a rub and tug from ARskibumm Has earned a rub and tug from ARskibumm Has earned a rub and tug from ARskibumm Has earned a rub and tug from ARskibumm Has earned a rub and tug from ARskibumm Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Here's a pic of the Lil Whip by Scorpion. This was my first! Looked just like this one too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scorpion%20lill%20whip.jpg (19.4 KB, 378 views)
Old 10-15-2011, 12:53 PM
REBEL

ace44 Has earned a rub and tug from ARace44 Has earned a rub and tug from ARace44 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
ace44 Has earned a rub and tug from ARace44 Has earned a rub and tug from ARace44 Has earned a rub and tug from ARace44 Has earned a rub and tug from ARace44 Has earned a rub and tug from ARace44 Has earned a rub and tug from ARace44 Has earned a rub and tug from ARace44 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by whee View Post
I can't say it's a "holy grail" but I really like the snojet SST. I've got a 1976 SST 440 that will become my daughters first sled...

I got one myself, its a 77. If you notice it has an Idaho sticker on it too. I have had it since I left Idaho, drug it to South Dakota, New Mexico and now I race it in the Vintage series here in Alaska. Has over 5000 miles on it now.

For the single cylinder class i really love my enticer 250, pretty fast little machines.

Member #325

Summer Sucks Racing

http://matsuvintageracers.com/

http://alaskaadventureblog.blogspot.com/

Old 10-23-2011, 08:33 AM
REBEL

2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP
2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP2001rmk700 Offical PLP

i had three of these
1979 kawi invaders

pretty fun sled

The New Definition of Minority Is "Working, Tax Paying, Citizen"

www.seidahoinvestigations.com
Old 11-05-2011, 11:53 PM

STROMVADER Has earned a rub and tug from ARSTROMVADER Has earned a rub and tug from ARSTROMVADER Has earned a rub and tug from ARSTROMVADER Has earned a rub and tug from ARSTROMVADER Has earned a rub and tug from ARSTROMVADER Has earned a rub and tug from ARSTROMVADER Has earned a rub and tug from ARSTROMVADER Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001rmk700 View Post
i had three of these
1979 kawi invaders

pretty fun sled
Heresy or just awesome? JUST AWESOME! Did you gnaw those holes into that hood? LOL I had a pretty nice one i traded for a drop ceiling in my bar in my basement.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:22 AM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

Rep for all... to the top for more ideas!!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > VINTAGE SLEDS