Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > REC TRAILERS / TOY HAULERS / MOTOR HOMES

Old 02-09-2012, 07:33 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Looks really good mule, you are doing a lot of stuff most wouldn't even think of, hell I could prob. walk in there and not even be able to run the setup but I guarentee that thing is gonna work slick just like you had planned. Would loveto have a trailer like that with some flip down bunks or something on it to use as a camper/trailer.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 02-09-2012, 09:47 AM
REBEL

montanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR
montanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR

im putting 120 volt wiring and heat in my enclose as well
i have designed some fold down bench/beds i will post pics once im done

Mule that trailer is awesome great job very clean and professional looking
im going about mine a bit different didnt want to pull the walls off
may change my mind later

still going to be better to take my sled trailer hunting than mommas fifth wheel
when im done just hose it out
Old 02-09-2012, 11:08 AM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1334 View Post
Looks really good mule, you are doing a lot of stuff most wouldn't even think of, hell I could prob. walk in there and not even be able to run the setup but I guarentee that thing is gonna work slick just like you had planned. Would loveto have a trailer like that with some flip down bunks or something on it to use as a camper/trailer.
I thought about the bunks... thing with that is you're stuck with them in your trailer. Camp cots fold up nice and small, and can go with you in the summer tent-camping.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:23 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
I thought about the bunks... thing with that is you're stuck with them in your trailer. Camp cots fold up nice and small, and can go with you in the summer tent-camping.
Very true.

Now all ya need is a small flatscreen in there to watch sled flicks on while in the parking lot and a microwave for hot pockets. haha

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1334 View Post
Very true.

Now all ya need is a small flatscreen in there to watch sled flicks on while in the parking lot and a microwave for hot pockets. haha

XC actually has a flatscreen in his trailer

And i'm pretty sure the generators I got will run my microwave.
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:59 PM
"SOCK KILLER"

1M800 Offical PLP1M800 Offical PLP1M800 Offical PLP1M800 Offical PLP
1M800 Offical PLP1M800 Offical PLP1M800 Offical PLP1M800 Offical PLP1M800 Offical PLP1M800 Offical PLP1M800 Offical PLP1M800 Offical PLP

Nice trailer Mule!
Member #379

2009 M8 153
Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 AM

Loaded up the dirt bike and hauled the trailer out for the weekend. Drove out friday night, camped out friday night, rode saturday, camped out saturday night, loaded up and drove home sunday.

Overall: Kicks ass. Worth the effort put into it last summer.

Temps hit low/mid-40s in the evening, dipping to just above freezing at night. Winds gusted to ~45m/h according to weather.gov. It was enough to rock the trailer, but the furnace didn't have any issues lighting and the inside wasn't breezy at all. Only annoyance was the panel for the propane regulator would catch a gust and bang around, but this wind was more of the exception than the norm. Good shake-down.

Furnace kept the inside nice and warm. Burner would kick on for 2-3 minutes, bringing the inside temp right back up to mid-60s and shut off for 15mins.

Battery and charger has more than enough capacity for the trailer. With the furnace kicking on and off and the battery chargers/lights running, the tender would stay in its top-off state (voltage-regulation) for most of the time, toggling to charging (current-reg) when the furnace blower kicked on.

I shut the generator off overnight, battery kept my USB hub powering my phone and helmet cam going, and the furnace never failed to light due to power (or propane... no issues at all with the furnace). The next evening, the battery was charged in <2hrs of the generator running (at 5 amps input, 2 hours is 10 amp-hours... about right for the duty cycle and current draw of the furnace).

I may look into rewiring the external light switches... right now, one switch turns on both the front and rear lights. I wouldn't mind having one switch for the rear, and another for the front, so I could turn those on/off individually. Replacing the interior and exterior lights with LED replacements may help the dimming problem when the furnace turns on.

25ft extension cord is the perfect length to set the generator by the front of the truck cabled to the wheel, and reach the input on the trailer. Ran the genset in the evenings to top off the trailer battery, computer, and run my boot dryer. Put about 13hrs on it, with a little over a gallon of fuel through it.

I'd like to find a way to secure the propane cylinder to the trailer... with the wind gusts sunday morning I was a little worried about it blowing over. Maybe a stabilizing base would be worth the money. Or I might just not worry about it, since it did fine this weekend.

Interior... biggest thing now is figuring out what all I need and don't need to pack, and the best way to logically pack/store all of it.

The spare tire fell off the wall again on the way up there too... Didn't damage anything since I didn't have anything under it when it fell, but I'd like to attach that to the trailer somewhere. Came off the wall once a few months ago, did fine all the way to West and back, but still came down again.

And a phone with wifi tethering is pretty cool.

I am a Snowmobiler!

Last edited by Mule; 10-30-2012 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Photo hosting
Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 AM
BCR STAFF

Adrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Adrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Looks like a some cozy nights. Mine has regular bulbs and led lights it has the same problem but with led it doesn't dim when the furnace runs. You could always mount your tire underneath. Toyota pickups have a really good cable system for under bed mounting would be simple to put under the trailer and i bet you could pick one up for next to nothing.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:17 AM

Yea; mounting it underneath like what I've got in my truck is what I was thinking about doing.
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Prospect

tatterhood Has earned a rub and tug from ARtatterhood Has earned a rub and tug from AR
tatterhood Has earned a rub and tug from ARtatterhood Has earned a rub and tug from ARtatterhood Has earned a rub and tug from ARtatterhood Has earned a rub and tug from ARtatterhood Has earned a rub and tug from ARtatterhood Has earned a rub and tug from ARtatterhood Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
[IMG]

And i'm pretty sure the generators I got will run my microwave.
Have you tested it yet?

Still think that table top pizza/convection oven would be the way to go.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > REC TRAILERS / TOY HAULERS / MOTOR HOMES

Tags
battery, camper, furnace, propane, trailer