Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Grilling, Smoking, and BBQ

Old 08-03-2011, 11:17 AM
"Installing in the Dirty Pic Thread"

-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP
-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP
Default PORK BUTT

last saturday at midnight i put on 4 half bone-in pork shoulders and cooked them for 12 hours at around 250* yum yum. i try to let the meat rest in a cooler at least one hour before dis-assembly that way it is almost cool enough to dig in and tear it apart. after 12 hours you can just pull the whole thing apart with your hands easily.

i also cooked a bone in pork loin the pork loin i put on at about 6 am cooked for about 4 hours until the internal temperature is 140* take off the grill and put it a cooler until right before it is time to eat, at least 1 hour. i have left meat in a cooler for several hours before cutting it work great. when you cook to 140* the loin meat remains very juicy and tender

for preparation i put a dry rub of salt, pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, cayenne pepper, cumin and paprika i also take a paring knife and make slits approximately 1 1/2" apart and insert thin slices of garlic.

IMG-20110731-00045.jpg

IMG-20110731-00046.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSICK View Post
go fawk yourself........

There is my appology.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:28 AM
THE CREW

Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP
Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP

tasty!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Walkin' tall machine gun man

Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR

looks damn good...i've been eating a lot of pulled pork sammiches lately, trying to beat the heat a bit but the mercs sittin at a cool 78 and the humidity snapped so i'm gonna light the barrel and fire up my 7lb sirloin
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Grilling, Smoking, and BBQ