Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES

Old 02-07-2014, 06:28 AM
I like saying Undies

firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP
firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber_Tramp View Post
we cant go this year (again)

My work schedule and allowable vacation days dont line up.

any thoughts on what would work best?...
drag the travel trailer out with the bike in the back of the truck , or ride out and pre book an overpriced hotel room?
friend stays at a hotel in rapid for 150 anight....
Old 02-07-2014, 09:24 PM
WELCOME WAGON

Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP
Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP

I'll FINALLY be able to get back up there this year.

Member #81
Old 02-08-2014, 11:29 AM
REBEL

BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber_Tramp View Post
we cant go this year (again)

My work schedule and allowable vacation days dont line up.

any thoughts on what would work best?...
drag the travel trailer out with the bike in the back of the truck , or ride out and pre book an overpriced hotel room?
A lot of places will let you ship your gear, so you can enjoy the ride there. Riding there and back is 3/4 of the point. Trailering your bike is just kinda sad.
I set this trailer up to tow behind my bike, for the best experience and having everything I need/want with me on the road.

Those trailers firecatguy is selling work just fine for the same thing too.
I am not a #... I am a FREE REBEL, #6000!!!
sled stats:
2004 Arctic Cat King Cat 900
162 x 16 x 3 challenger extreme non-ported track
IceAge Rails & WRP Assault Seat w/bag
billet 9" rear wheel kit
goldfinger left hand throttle
powder pro skis
speedwerx pipe & can
Old 02-09-2014, 04:48 AM
I like saying Undies

firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP
firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP

I am with Bikerpepe on this one. Riding is best part of the trip for me one the reasson i go every year is getting away with good friends on the bikes and not looking back....when we get back home you sure know you been on the bike...lol....

Hogheaven lets you ship your gear to them and there a shed its waiting for you when you get there also the shower house is the best never cold water....
Old 02-09-2014, 04:55 AM
I like saying Undies

thats why i go...
Old 02-09-2014, 12:40 PM
REBEL

BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Is the pig-tail on the spearfish run too? I've been 3 times and still get confused on that one.
I also enjoy this scenery...

One tip for ya... if a baby Buffalo crosses the road in front of you, stop and wait for the Momma to cross too. Seen one Mamma get real pissy and charge a bike after a few kept cruisin' by, separating her from her baby.
I am not a #... I am a FREE REBEL, #6000!!!
sled stats:
2004 Arctic Cat King Cat 900
162 x 16 x 3 challenger extreme non-ported track
IceAge Rails & WRP Assault Seat w/bag
billet 9" rear wheel kit
goldfinger left hand throttle
powder pro skis
speedwerx pipe & can
Old 02-10-2014, 06:05 AM
I like saying Undies

devils tower is out past spearfish we usualy hit that on "no pantie wen" but the new PC name is burn out wen......the rides are great needles and keystone are great rides...going try a get out to the ogala res and get a first hand look.....

buffalo and a momma buffalo are not one to be near...I seen and a guy get blasted by one...
Old 02-10-2014, 10:44 PM
BCR Resident Tramp

Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP
Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
A lot of places will let you ship your gear, so you can enjoy the ride there. Riding there and back is 3/4 of the point. Trailering your bike is just kinda sad.
I set this trailer up to tow behind my bike, for the best experience and having everything I need/want with me on the road.

Those trailers firecatguy is selling work just fine for the same thing too.
Id love to ride out and agree that thats a huge part of the experience.
The Mrs doesnt like tenting and im to the point a motel is fine by me.
As impressive as some of the bike tent trailers go ;I dont want a trailer behind my bike at this point.

www.canadasledparts.com

http://www.modsskis.com/
Old 02-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Prospect

IDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I would like to say I agree with you guys about the trailering thing and understand the mentality but 930 miles one way of 70+mph highway miles does not sound very appealing to me with my wife and gear on the back. Throwing the bike in the toy hauler insures we will be fresh to ride the sights and PARTY.
Plus having your own bed,♥♥♥♥ter,fridge etc is the bomb.
We are staying at the Big Rig RV 1/2 mile from town and in Jellystone coming and going.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:56 AM
REBEL

augerin Has earned a rub and tug from ARaugerin Has earned a rub and tug from ARaugerin Has earned a rub and tug from AR
augerin Has earned a rub and tug from ARaugerin Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Me and the wifey are going to ride out and back. Staying with relatives along the way and hitting Yellow Stone on the way back. Lucky for us we will be staying with our daughter in Box Elder and doing the ride with with the air force boys from the base. Would be great to meet some of you guys!

Momma alway's said, "if ya got's ta be dumb, ya got's ta be tough"

refugee #1799
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES