Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS

SLED HEADS General Sled Chat

Old 03-10-2011, 09:27 AM
BCR Resident Tramp

Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP
Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP
Thumbs up Paying it Forward .... What has a fellow Rebel done to help you out?

There are a bunch of great people here that are willing to help a fellow sledder out . Let's hear some of the stories...what or how did a Rebel help you?

A few good deeds;
The chain blew apart on my 600 rev while my youngest was riding it, I was talking about it in the Chat box with Skidoojunky . He offered up a spare chaincase...Free! Booster picked it up from him while at the Cooke ride and shipped it north for me.
Thankyou Lance and Chad

More recently while at the BCR Gar ride my rev let me down at the end of day one . Nursepowder and Dobir lent me their RMK 600 for the day and wouldn't even let me pay for the gas I burned.
Thankyou Jackie and Jason

www.canadasledparts.com

http://www.modsskis.com/
Old 03-10-2011, 09:35 AM
"This is all my fault"

Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP
Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP

That's what us good REBELS do.............. and you are more than welcome TT.......
Old 03-10-2011, 09:52 AM
"Dead Sexeh Cougar Bait"

RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP
RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP

Twisted Boost is going to give me his current sled when his snowcheck 2012 Cat shows up... thanks TB!
90 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
91 XR 200R
Plus snow and dirt toys for the kiddos too

Honey badger would approve this message, but he don't give a sh!t.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:19 AM
WELCOME WAGON

Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP
Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP

Made reservations with The Golden West Motel in West Yellowstone.
Had a family emergency that forced me to be 3 days late getting up there.
I had already committed to the condo and was fully figuring I was just going to have to eat the 3 days.
They cut me a heck of a deal.
No asking, no demands, they just did it.
That is what I call good customer service and I will be going back.

Member #81
Old 03-10-2011, 12:11 PM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

Lets see,

Storm sent me a ton of parts to convert my 700 XCSP into a mountain sled...then let me pay him over time. Also has spent many a phone call with me on a weekend walking me through what I needed to do.

DevilRMK hooked me up with brackets I needed for free(minus the trip to Spokane to pcik them up) also gave me tons of info.

Lucky picked up a track for me from Hein out in Aberdean, brought it back to MN, machined a part for me and then SuperB and Jonce picked them up and delivered them up to my lake place. Then B helped me work on my sled while Jonce stood around drinking my beer!!!!

Or we could go with BigBull, 03rmking, hardass, Spiced Wafer and the rest of the 509/Spokane Area Riders inviting my flatland ace out to go riding with them....keep in mind we had never met until I showed up at BBs house....in fact I never talked to him until he called to ask what I wanted for supper as I was driving there. Then his wife let me borrow her M7, beacon and pack with a probe from EW. Spent 3 great days riding north ID and western MT with the best group of guys you could meet.

Try convincing your wife it is OK to travel across the country to Portland (visit her grandparents) and while there that I would drive 6 hours one way to stay at a guys house with his family, I had never met and then spend the next 3 days driving all over the hills with him and about 15 other people I had never met

Proud member of the BCR Chit Box Brain Trust!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:55 PM

I have to say, BCR has been like a family, I have met so many members, hung out and ridden with them too. I have done a few things to help out, and I have had a lot of people offer to help me as well. You guys ahve been here to answer questions, make me laugh and been a shoulder to lean on. Tonight I got get well flowers from Lucky, Adrenaline Revolution, JTBlaster and the late (as of BCR) Sled Momma. A lot of you guys have transcended internet friends and become a huge part of my life!!! What a wonderful place this is!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:39 PM
WHITEOUT MAGAZINE

WHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLP
WHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLP

The door was open from the beginning. Meeting some new people who were not just building a site, they were living it. Thank you BCR, they have helped us out more than we will probably ever be able to repay. That is what this site is about, paying it forward. I sure wish everyone was thinking along these lines.
FREE IN PRINT AND ONLINE

www.whiteoutmagazine.com
Old 03-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Prospect

tiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from AR

i'm not sure if he's a rebel or not, but i sent my sled into a tree late one Feb. night in 2006 (my birthday) at snowy range. Some people on some sleds happened to pass by, one had a 1000 rt chassis which pulled my busted sled back up the hill to the trail. he also let us borrow his straps to pull the sled down with, with instructions to drop them off at his work...Maverick Motorsports. So thank you whomever you are. At the parking lot (approx. 11:00 PM) some people from minnesota helped us lift the sled onto the trailer. I ended up with a broken wrist, cracked ribs and a bruised hip joint. I rebuilt the sled, and now i help anyone i see stopped on the trail. Even those from Iowa.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:41 AM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

junk has helped me on numerous mechanical questions and gave me a good deal on some skies

slut invited me one the first annual slut ride with free room and board

won the ace powder free room and etec rental for a day

crix showed me all the hot spots on a area lake

goldenwest has always treated us great when we are there

thats just to name a few
Old 03-16-2011, 11:49 AM
MENTOR/MOTIVATIONAL POSTER BUILDER

Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP
Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP

Blu gave me a reach around once....
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS