Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > WATER SPORTS

Old 02-24-2011, 10:24 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
Default School Me On Wakeboards

Just like it says, gonna give wakeboarding a go this summer and I have no idea about them.

What size, binding types, etc. My background is in skiing so I know some stuff but it really only relates to skis not boards.

Proud member of the BCR Chit Box Brain Trust!!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:49 PM
REBEL

CRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLP
CRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLP

liquid force makes great stuff I got a ronix board and didn't care for it
i only use the shane closed toe bindings but if other people are gonna ride your board open toe binding will be better

give Midwest mastercraft a call or go to there site www.waterskiis.com to learn more of what exactly may fit your needs best and remember to surf the web for best pricing then call them and they will beat it !!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Just Got Here

john800 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can have done much skiing you will pick it up fairly quickly I never did get very good at it but getting out of the water seemed to need a little slower easier take off than skiing and a much slower tow speed.
As far as bindings and a board go cheap and you will know what you want as you get better
Old 02-25-2011, 06:39 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIX View Post
liquid force makes great stuff I got a ronix board and didn't care for it
i only use the shane closed toe bindings but if other people are gonna ride your board open toe binding will be better

give Midwest mastercraft a call or go to there site www.waterskiis.com to learn more of what exactly may fit your needs best and remember to surf the web for best pricing then call them and they will beat it !!!!
That's what I like to hear!!!

I will search around, see what a guy can find for blems, etc.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:39 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by john800 View Post
If you can have done much skiing you will pick it up fairly quickly I never did get very good at it but getting out of the water seemed to need a little slower easier take off than skiing and a much slower tow speed.
As far as bindings and a board go cheap and you will know what you want as you get better
Oh I've done some skiing once or twice

Old 02-25-2011, 07:48 AM
PIMP

Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP
Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP

For someone your size X, I would suggest finding a 135cm length board. Like Crix, I prefer Liquid Force over anything I have been on.

This would be a great starter combo for you:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...A&merchID=4006

Also, a lot of people tend to forget about the rope and handle. You will want a non-stretch rope made out of spectra.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...1&merchID=4006

Let me know if you want to try out wakeboarding before you invest some $$ into the gear. We can meet at Minnie, and I will let you try out boarding before you commit to it.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

Thanks B.

I will for sure hit ya up on that offer. Main thing is getting the wife to try it as well as I am trying to find something she can do with me on the water and something that we can sneak off and do while kids are napping and well she don't ski and it's hard to time good glass around afternoon naps on a weekend!

My goal with this isn't to be throwing down behind a boat too much, actually just looking for another way to be on the water and if this works right, we should actually be able to do some riding without needing a boat.

The wife isn't into air time and I love my knees so I'm thinking of getting into the rail and slider aspect of it more. Anyone done much of this?

As B knows I have plenty of shoreline that I can build stuff along and off of and I have access to a winch that is rater to 10k pounds...I'm thinking that ought to be able to have enough pull to pull my skinny ace onto plane.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:55 AM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Thanks B.

I will for sure hit ya up on that offer. Main thing is getting the wife to try it as well as I am trying to find something she can do with me on the water and something that we can sneak off and do while kids are napping and well she don't ski and it's hard to time good glass around afternoon naps on a weekend!

My goal with this isn't to be throwing down behind a boat too much, actually just looking for another way to be on the water and if this works right, we should actually be able to do some riding without needing a boat.

The wife isn't into air time and I love my knees so I'm thinking of getting into the rail and slider aspect of it more. Anyone done much of this?

As B knows I have plenty of shoreline that I can build stuff along and off of and I have access to a winch that is rater to 10k pounds...I'm thinking that ought to be able to have enough pull to pull my skinny ace onto plane.
i don't know X it took you 6 yrs to do a track change on your sled. do you think building a towing system for wake boarding is a good idea? i should get a board for the kids, 5 yr old daughter was on skis last summer which is nice becuase i can just use a little boat with a 25 hp for the kids for now
Old 02-25-2011, 08:58 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Du View Post
i don't know X it took you 6 yrs to do a track change on your sled. do you think building a towing system for wake boarding is a good idea? i should get a board for the kids, 5 yr old daughter was on skis last summer which is nice becuase i can just use a little boat with a 25 hp for the kids for now
just gotta back the tractor towards the shore and hook a rope and handle onto the cable.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:27 PM
REBEL

Environmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Environmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post

...As B knows I have plenty of shoreline that I can build stuff along and off of and I have access to a winch that is rater to 10k pounds...I'm thinking that ought to be able to have enough pull to pull my skinny ace onto plane.
Is the winch going to be fast enough? You need to get to speed pretty fast before you run out of rope.

I've seen these things in action...pretty cool. http://www.waterskis.com/Grinch-Wake...oard_winch.htm

I started wakeboarding 4-5 years ago after skiing forEVER. Getting up will be a snap compared to a deep water ski start. I just can't get use to standing side ways. I do find the wrecks to be A LOT more painful. FACE PLANT!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > WATER SPORTS