Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PRODUCT REVIEWS

PRODUCT REVIEWS GOT A NEW PRODUCT? LET US KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT

Old 02-10-2011, 04:18 PM
"This is all my fault"

Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP
Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP
Thumbs up MODS SKIS ROCK

I think hands down these are the best ski I have ever had, Tough, No ski spray in the face just flat out they work awesome, like having power steering compared to stock, Customer service is second to none. If you are looking for a new ski give junk a pm or try his website.... Thanks Lance..

http://backcountryrebels.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=106

MODS Skis
www.modsskis.com
1-866-417-MODS (6637)

Here are a couple of pictures on mine and they weigh less and can take some abuse...

And a picture of abuse....

Old 02-10-2011, 05:28 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

I can second this one, put them on my IQ chassis and it made a world of difference, it was the 07 with "bad" spindle design, it changed the sled completely and was able to carve on a dime. Shoulda have been first upgrade I did for sure!

So first thing I did with my new pro chassis RMK was put these skis on, most comfortable sled to ride, it just goes where you are thinking, and these skis really accent the chassis nicely. Around 300 miles on old sled and 800 miles on the 2011, couldn't be more happy....

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 02-10-2011, 05:36 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Got some other pics from my old sled...

The difference between the cheap gripper ski and a mod ski.... side by side sold me...

RMK with it's new shoes...

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 02-10-2011, 07:02 PM
"Sick and Twisted"

Adrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLP
Adrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLP

I've tried a few different skis on my Rev.
Of course the "Sidehiller" or offset skis it came with sucked in a lot of ways, I won't even get into that except to say they are now mounted on my cargo sled that I can pull behind the Rev to carry supplies and firewood!
Then I tried the Pilot skis SkiDoo put out.
I spent a bunch of money for them and they didn't live up to the hype at all. I sold them for $50 basically just to get rid of them.

Then I spent a bunch more on some Powder Pros because they were said to be the best ski for mountain riding.
Those made the Rev feel like I was carrying a baby grand piano on the hood.
The sled was real hard to maneuver in tight trees and it didn't carve for sh**! I later found out they were NOT recommended for the Rev because of the geometry of the steering and the basic set up of the sled.
I could never get rid of the heavy steering, no matter how much I adjusted the suspension unless I lightened it up so much that it tended to blow through corners.

That's when I started to talk to a few people on this forum and others about how they loved their Mods.
I had seen these before and thought they would fold in a hard hit into a hole or other obstacle. (Turns out I was wrong about that )
After a little research (I had already spent a lot on different skis with little payback in performance) I bought a set of mods for my Rev and another set for my wife's sled too.

DAMN. I am impressed!
They float well because of the tri-keel type design
They carve
They run trails with very little darting (Huge with the wife)
They rail in the corners
And most of all, dealing with Lance (ski-doo junkie) was great.
He shipped them fast and delivered as promised.
What can I say? they seem to be the perfect ski for my Rev. It's a whole new ride with them.
You won't be disappointed. Mine are white with the silver saddles and the wife has blue with the black saddles.

BCR #343
Proud member of team WTF?

A Little Older, A Little Wiser...
Well, A Little Older Anyway
http://www.northwestglaciercruisers.com/
http://www.wssa.us/
http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org/
http://www.sharetrails.org/
http://www.nwac.us/

Last edited by Adrenaline Revolution; 02-10-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I've ran simmons all 3 gen's, slp powder pros with and without carls cut out, C&A's, and slydogs.

Tried the modskis this year and LOVE them. Well built, great float, and are like freaking powersteering on the trail. Customer service is also as good as it gets in the business.

I will post some pics of them installed next time she is on snow
Old 02-11-2011, 10:03 AM
REBEL

Skadi Has earned a rub and tug from ARSkadi Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Skadi Has earned a rub and tug from ARSkadi Has earned a rub and tug from ARSkadi Has earned a rub and tug from ARSkadi Has earned a rub and tug from ARSkadi Has earned a rub and tug from ARSkadi Has earned a rub and tug from ARSkadi Has earned a rub and tug from ARSkadi Has earned a rub and tug from ARSkadi Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Well, it sounds like everyone before me got you all the info you need... I can just 'second' what they all said. I know if you're on a Rev it will make a WORLD of difference and it transformed my 860! In the NW we have less than perfect snow conditions and this ski can handle them ALL. I used to get stuck going down hill when I would try to carve and bring her back up because the skis I had were too flexible and in heavy snow it would just auger in! I was really ticked when that happened a few times! So I mad ethe step to powderpros and couldn't ride half a day it made her so heavy in the front end. Finally someone clued me in on Mods and I have not even LOOKED at another ski since! love the control they gave me going up hill or down, sideways or crossways! seriously, these skis handle GREAT and in ANY condition!!

I recently just stepped onto the pro chassis and finally got my Mods onto that sled... Still in luv with em!!!!

Check out my website:
www.emilie-moreshead.com
Old 02-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Rides with Booster Seat

Squirrel Has earned a rub and tug from ARSquirrel Has earned a rub and tug from ARSquirrel Has earned a rub and tug from ARSquirrel Has earned a rub and tug from ARSquirrel Has earned a rub and tug from ARSquirrel Has earned a rub and tug from ARSquirrel Has earned a rub and tug from ARSquirrel Has earned a rub and tug from ARSquirrel Has earned a rub and tug from ARSquirrel Has earned a rub and tug from ARSquirrel Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I have to agree with everyone else on this thread. I usually don't complain about my sled and the way it handles. I always think its the rider and the rider just needs to learn how the sled works.
However, my ole skis would just dart. They loved everyone else's tracks. After awhile, I just got used to them acting that way.
AR hated his skis and heard great reviews about Junk's Mod Skis and wanted to get a set. For a surprise for me, he ordered me a set too. Blue ones to match my sled for Christmas.
Now, I am not one for modifying or changing a sled, I figure less to go wrong down the road. These skis made a big difference in my riding going down the trail and off. I have to work on not leaning so much on the trail going around a corner. I made a few unexpected 360s, because the skis just work better than I was used to!
Take much less effort to steer and they float very well in the fresh when we can find it in the land of concrete snow.
As for customer service, I am amazed and stunned on how well it is. It is very rare to get great service these days. Apparently, there were issues that Junk came across. He did not wait for his customers to contact him. He contacted them, explained the situation, and told his customers that a fix was on the way.
A few days later the fix was here and AR is out in the trailer putting them on now.
Thank you ski-doo junkie (AR for the wonderful Xmas gift)

Old 02-12-2011, 01:48 PM
REBEL

m8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLP
m8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLP

these ski's do look great..its my next purchase after the barkbuster..
07/m8 Terraalps 900 bigbore kit, bmp ypipe and exhaust,jaws silencer,stm valves,bdx oil elimination and bumper kit,fastlane no snows,bdx fuel pressure regulator,dayton adj weights,shift assist,timbersled intake,timbersled mtn tamer rear skid,timbersled barkbuster frt end with fox evols diamond s hood,pure logic box,boss shorty seat,rox risers,koso dual egts koso a/r guage koso water temp guage,bdx steering post solidifier,fastlane 9 inch two wheel kit,rock rollers,Mod ski's
Old 02-12-2011, 03:25 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

there a great ski, really a great trail riding ski they turn about 50% easier. if you order some ask him for the secret hand shake and u get an automatic discount
Old 02-12-2011, 09:58 PM
REBEL

m8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLP
m8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Du View Post
if you order some ask him for the secret hand shake and u get an automatic discount
i aint shaken nobodies dink..i will pay full price
07/m8 Terraalps 900 bigbore kit, bmp ypipe and exhaust,jaws silencer,stm valves,bdx oil elimination and bumper kit,fastlane no snows,bdx fuel pressure regulator,dayton adj weights,shift assist,timbersled intake,timbersled mtn tamer rear skid,timbersled barkbuster frt end with fox evols diamond s hood,pure logic box,boss shorty seat,rox risers,koso dual egts koso a/r guage koso water temp guage,bdx steering post solidifier,fastlane 9 inch two wheel kit,rock rollers,Mod ski's
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PRODUCT REVIEWS