Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > CALIFORNIA & NEVADA

Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 PM
REBEL

Powdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Powdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Highcountry Octane Productions, Elko Nevada

I grew up on snowmobiles riding from my front door at Wildhorse, Nevada, 60 miles north of Elko... a 1982 Yamaha Enticer 340. It was the "family" sled, bought primarily to be able to get to the vehicles left out on the highway when we would get snowed in. The only teenager with a sled for more than 40 square miles, I often rode more than 20 miles a day in any direction... alone, at the young age of 12. I often got myself into trouble... and ALWAYS got myself out. After highschool, it was impossible to take my lil 340 with me everywhere I went. But I found a way to stay involved in the sport, by riding SOMEONE ELSES SLED! guiding snowmobiles in Sun Valley and Stanley Idaho. But even that would end. It would be over 5 years before I could get back on a sled, a ZRT 600 I paid a friend $100.00 to rent. My next 2 rides would be on a borrowed RX-1, shortly after I bought the 600! With my new job as an underground miner, I soon discovered there was large number of guys on my crew into sleds...and they opened my eyes to BACKCOUNTRY SNOWMOBILING! Seeing THUNDERSTRUCK II was the first time I began to realize what sleds could actually do! I began to take a camera along and shoot film, and began to emulate the techniques I saw on the videos. I created my first "amateur" production in 2005 and began to call our close knit group the "RUBY MOUNTAIN POWDERCREW"... and it stuck. Each following season I produced a short sled film and by 2010 word had spread and interest had grown enough I was inspired enough to produce my first FULL-LENGTH sled film... "Y2K5-10: The Edge of Sanity".... and HIGHCOUNTRY OCTANE PRODUCTIONS was born!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:41 PM
REBEL

Powdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Powdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowdercrew Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Link to "OUTTA'BOUNDS - 2005" Teaser

http://www.myspace.com/video/1036dod...aser/105977910
Old 01-18-2011, 11:46 PM
REBEL

Default "PA'IN - 2 - PLAY 2007" Teaser

Last edited by Powdercrew; 12-07-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:54 PM
REBEL

Default RMSHA Hillclimbs, Elko Nevada 2008

Old 01-18-2011, 11:56 PM
REBEL

Default "POWDERCREW - 2008" Teaser

Old 01-18-2011, 11:58 PM
REBEL

Default "Sled'diction-A Ruby Mountain High" 2009 Teaser

Old 01-18-2011, 11:59 PM
REBEL

Default Jacks Peak, Independence Mountains Nevada

Old 01-19-2011, 12:01 AM
REBEL

Default "AWAKE and ALIVE" 2010 Teaser

Old 01-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Just Got Here

auugminer Has earned a rub and tug from ARauugminer Has earned a rub and tug from ARauugminer Has earned a rub and tug from ARauugminer Has earned a rub and tug from ARauugminer Has earned a rub and tug from ARauugminer Has earned a rub and tug from AR

always love hearing your stories and watchin your videos keep it up joe
Old 01-24-2011, 06:59 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by auugminer View Post
always love hearing your stories and watchin your videos keep it up joe
THANKS JIM!!!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > CALIFORNIA & NEVADA

Tags
elko, nevada, snowmobiling