Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Grilling, Smoking, and BBQ

Old 12-23-2010, 12:09 PM
"I come in peace"

BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
Default Smoking A Prime Rib!!

So the last couple years ive smoked Prime Rib for Christmas dinner. This year will be the same. Got a 10Lb Prime Rib in the fridge ready fro Saturday.

Will post pics later...
Old 12-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Has JEEP WAVE envy

777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP

Oh yeah...another N. Bend tube steak thread.
Originally Posted by Hawgman
What Ford guy doesn't have a chip.... exhaust.... intake.... chrome plated cup holder.... driving lites on all the time...inflated ego...36 inch rubber.. naked lady mud flaps... trucker envy...
Old 12-23-2010, 12:29 PM
"I come in peace"

BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Oh yeah...another N. Bend tube steak thread.
You make fun of it now......
Old 12-23-2010, 12:42 PM

iddooer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to try the same thing. Hope it turns out good
Old 12-23-2010, 03:36 PM
"I come in peace"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iddooer View Post
I'm going to try the same thing. Hope it turns out good
Temp is the key when smoking/cooking a prime!

It's the best Christmas dinner you'll ever have!

Enjoy!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:03 PM
REBEL

DKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from AR
DKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I've got a hunnerd dollar slab of prime rib in the trunk I'm gonna smoke on the treager tomorrow. Hope I don't get too drunk and fugg it up

Ill toss up pics too. Should be a gooder
Old 12-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Prospect

whitefish Has earned a rub and tug from AR
whitefish Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhitefish Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhitefish Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhitefish Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Truck, what kind of smoker?

DKY-I need a good prime rib recipe for the Traeger. You don't sound very confident in your cooking abilities though.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:05 PM
REBEL

DKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from AR
DKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefish View Post

DKY-I need a good prime rib recipe for the Traeger. You don't sound very confident in your cooking abilities though.
Truth be told this is my first one, didn't have the time to make my own rub up so I bought a preseasoned one from costco. Its got garlic pushed into it and a nice salt crust looks very nice

This christmas is a bit chaotic
I'm on the road as I type this and gotta cook it in the morning for christmas eve dinner

Last edited by DKY; 12-23-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:45 AM
"I come in peace"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefish View Post

Nothing special here. The wife bought me a firebox style smoker/BBQ a couple years back for my birthday. Been the best gift ever. It's a bunch of work as I have to watch my temps constantly and keep it stoked but I love it and it works well! I use a salt, pepper, garlic and mesquite rub and mesquite wood for my prime. Turns out wonderful. At least that's what everyone tells me.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:51 AM
"This is all my fault"

Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP
Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKY View Post
I've got a hunnerd dollar slab of prime rib in the trunk I'm gonna smoke on the treager tomorrow. Hope I don't get too drunk and fugg it upIll toss up pics too. Should be a gooder
Well???? LMAO!!!!!!!!!