Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 11-24-2009, 06:21 AM

711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default How the f*ck do you take the secondary off 08 XP?

Hey guys, I want to clean the carbs on my girlfriends 08 TNT 600 and I cannot figure out how to pull the secondary clutch off. I took the chaincase apart, removed the top gear because I was told that was how the secondary/jackshaft come out, now what? I know I'm missing something but not sure what?

I'm a Cat guy (last Doo I had was 04 MXZx 440/700) so I have no clue on these newfangled XP's! lol

Thanks!
Cody
USCC #711
2010 SnoPro 600 w/"700" EFI (under construction)
2011 SnoPro 600 "XC"
2012 SnoPro 600 "XC"
TEAM ARCTIC RACING
http://www.steelmx.com
Old 11-24-2009, 06:39 AM
JUNKLESS

ski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLP
ski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLP

There is a 13mm nut holding the bearing in behind the QRS secondary, take that off and push the jackshaft from the chaincase side.
Will slide right out

Last edited by ski-doo junkie; 11-24-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:41 AM

fassteddie Has earned a rub and tug from ARfassteddie Has earned a rub and tug from ARfassteddie Has earned a rub and tug from ARfassteddie Has earned a rub and tug from ARfassteddie Has earned a rub and tug from AR

romove the nut on the bearing retainer behind the secondary tap from the gear side.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:10 AM
REBEL

Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP
Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP

Yep, that retainer clip and the top gear (don't forget the spacer behind the gear when you assemble) and you may need to hit it pretty good with a mallet, just don't damage the splines. Heating the casting around the L/H jackshaft bearing may help if it doesn't want to come out.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Just Got Here

Dynamo^Joe Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynamo^Joe Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynamo^Joe Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynamo^Joe Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynamo^Joe Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynamo^Joe Has earned a rub and tug from AR

An xp picture illustration - thanks for utahrevfreak
Old 11-24-2009, 09:04 AM

Highmarker Secretly Rides a SkiDoo

Stupid design for sure!!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Prospect

Ace freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from AR

On your way out, replace the torx-headed bolts with hex-headed bolts, and you can remove the secondary without removing the shaft!

Ace
Old 11-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Chicklets Fixer

sledderdoc Offical PLPsledderdoc Offical PLPsledderdoc Offical PLPsledderdoc Offical PLP
sledderdoc Offical PLPsledderdoc Offical PLPsledderdoc Offical PLPsledderdoc Offical PLPsledderdoc Offical PLPsledderdoc Offical PLPsledderdoc Offical PLPsledderdoc Offical PLP

Definitely a pain in the azz to remove secondary. However once clutched it's done. ! Hopefully!!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:53 PM

711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR

yep got the retainer just didn't want to hit the shaft till i for sure knew what I was doing.

thanks guys appreciate it!!!!
USCC #711
2010 SnoPro 600 w/"700" EFI (under construction)
2011 SnoPro 600 "XC"
2012 SnoPro 600 "XC"
TEAM ARCTIC RACING
http://www.steelmx.com
Old 11-18-2010, 11:07 AM
REBEL

Get Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLP
Get Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLP

TTT.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO