Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 PM
BCR Resident Tramp

Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP
Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP
Default 2006 TRA Questions

Ok...Im trying to do some maintenance prior to riding season.

The Primary is off and apart. The noticable thing to replace is the rollers...obvious wear on them ...
what has me wondering is ; how much side to side movement is acceptable on the arms? (the clutch does rattle at idle)
the slider pucks look good as well...(do you realy need the O rings?)
one other thing to note; there is play on the main shaft for the clutch halfs; the outer spring bushing has 1500 miles on it and the inner is original...would you replace both bushings?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02177.jpg (67.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02180.jpg (39.6 KB, 62 views)

www.canadasledparts.com

http://www.modsskis.com/
Old 10-12-2010, 08:31 AM
REBEL

montanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR
montanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR

go over to dootalk and there is a guy on there i think they call him dynomojoe
joe imhoff is his name he knows these better than doo does
he has a wealth of knowledge and will get you just what you need
but yes with those miles on it and you have it off its rebuild time
Old 10-12-2010, 01:23 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Joes web site is a wealth of information.
www.mxzx-revzone.com

I would repalce the bushings in the arms as well as the rollers. I don't use the "O" rings as I take the sliding half off after every trip and clean the clutch. (I'm a bit strange that way).
Old 10-12-2010, 02:49 PM
REBEL

Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP
Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP

Yes, you need the o-rings....and make sure the buttons aren't worn on the sides where they seat to the movable sheave.....they will wear there long before they wear on the face.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:30 PM
REBEL

PJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR
PJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR

You will want to replace the main bushing that goes in the center. Mine was worn last year and clutch wobbled. Dealer gave it to me because he felt that a sled with 300 miles shouldn't have had that much wear yeat. We think that the original primary got pirated by an employee who wanted a free and new clutch. A month later I received a box of parts to rebuild the thing new and modify the clutching also. Good deal.

JR: "By the time I got to Omaha to pick up my new sled, I was so tired I thought the Care Bears were my co-pilots."
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO