Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > ARCTIC CAT

Old 11-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Prospect

Ausm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Power Vavle adjustment

I am seeing some very detailed how to write up on here and was hoping somebody would do one on power valve adjustment. I have rode my sled for two seasons now and have never adjusted the cables on my power valves. I am sure there is some performance being left on the table and I would like to know how to properly adjust them and I am sure that Im not the only one.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:59 PM
REBEL

m_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLP
m_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm7499 View Post
I am seeing some very detailed how to write up on here and was hoping somebody would do one on power valve adjustment. I have rode my sled for two seasons now and have never adjusted the cables on my power valves. I am sure there is some performance being left on the table and I would like to know how to properly adjust them and I am sure that Im not the only one.
exactly which sled is it.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:57 PM

711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR711SnoPro Has earned a rub and tug from AR

if you have the snow performance manual for whatever year/engine it is, it gives you the exact procedure on how to adjust them.
USCC #711
2010 SnoPro 600 w/"700" EFI (under construction)
2011 SnoPro 600 "XC"
2012 SnoPro 600 "XC"
TEAM ARCTIC RACING
http://www.steelmx.com
Old 11-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Prospect

Ausm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from ARAusm7499 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

08 M1K

I don't have a snow performance manual.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:04 AM
REBEL

m_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLP
m_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm7499 View Post
08 M1K

I don't have a snow performance manual.

I don't have a M1000, nor the manual, but I'll tell you what I'll do. If nobody else gives you a write-up with specs, I'll do some research.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:13 AM
REBEL

sidehill Offical PLPsidehill Offical PLPsidehill Offical PLPsidehill Offical PLP
sidehill Offical PLPsidehill Offical PLPsidehill Offical PLPsidehill Offical PLPsidehill Offical PLPsidehill Offical PLPsidehill Offical PLPsidehill Offical PLP

Ok here you go.

First clean the area around the power valve assemblies. Now remove the power valves assemblies from the cylinders and lay a clean rag over the ports so nothing can fall into the cylinder. Clean the power valves. Oven cleaner and a wire brush seams to work good. Spray off with carb. cleaner and reinstall the power valve assemblies.

Now find the servo motor and remove the cover. Should be above the secondary clutch.

There are 2 clips that hold the cables to the servo motor.

Remove these two clips and remove the cables from the servo motor. Be sure to mark which cable goes where on the servo motor.

Loosen the pv cable adjuster here

Take a measurement of the cable length and adjust to 1.377 on the 07 and 08 m1000. When you make this adjustment have the cables routed where they lay when they are hooked to the servo motor.

I built a go no go gauge out of a bolt to aid in adjusting the pv cable length. Take a 5/16 bolt drill a hole through the bolt length ways then cut a groove down the bolt into the hole you drilled. Now cut the bolt to 1.377 in length. (or whatever length you need to adjust the cables to)

You just install the go no go gauge and adjust the cable to the proper length.

After you get the cables adjusted tighten the adjuster, reinstall the cables to the servo motor. Install the clips and cover.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:56 AM
REBEL

That's a good writeup sidehill.
The only thing that I would add ausm7499, is to pay close attention to the disasembly, and make sure the powervalves go back in the same way they came out. Don't put them in up-side-down.

They're very simple to work on, but just pay attention to the way they came apart, and you'll be able to get them back in with no problems.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Prospect

Excellent!!!

Thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your time I am sure I won't be the only one benefiting from this.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:52 PM

Orange06m7 is an unknown quantity at this point

what is the length of the cable for an 06 m7?
Old 11-25-2009, 07:26 PM
REBEL

ripitup Has earned a rub and tug from ARripitup Has earned a rub and tug from ARripitup Has earned a rub and tug from AR
ripitup Has earned a rub and tug from ARripitup Has earned a rub and tug from ARripitup Has earned a rub and tug from ARripitup Has earned a rub and tug from ARripitup Has earned a rub and tug from ARripitup Has earned a rub and tug from ARripitup Has earned a rub and tug from ARripitup Has earned a rub and tug from ARripitup Has earned a rub and tug from ARripitup Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Ok question...........can the adjustment be out or wrong just from riding over time? Is this something you should check every time you clean them. AND how often do most of you clean your powervalves????

thanks
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > ARCTIC CAT