Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > YAMAHA

Old 02-12-2010, 03:54 PM

STELHED Has earned a reach around from Rebel
Default Transfer enhance kit on MM700

Looking for feedback on the Mtn Perf. transfer enhancement kit on a mm700. I just put one on my MM, what should I expect? I have a 144" x 2", a little clutching and gearing done and the Kuyaba alum. rear susp. I set mine @ -1, one setting longer than 0. Where are you folks setting yours at?

I am going to go ride tmrw but maybe you know something I don't like a diff setting.....thx!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:52 PM
REBEL

Rx1Mountain Has earned a rub and tug from ARRx1Mountain Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I bought my Viper with it already installed, and for around home here, it seems good, with pipes and everything, I can pull the skis a long ways. It really doesn't stand up, but the weight does transfer back, pretty good. It pulls the skis a good 6 inches the way its setup now, and holds them there for a long time.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:29 PM
IQR MAN

MtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from ARMtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from AR
MtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from ARMtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from ARMtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from ARMtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by STELHED View Post
Looking for feedback on the Mtn Perf. transfer enhancement kit on a mm700. I just put one on my MM, what should I expect? I have a 144" x 2", a little clutching and gearing done and the Kuyaba alum. rear susp. I set mine @ -1, one setting longer than 0. Where are you folks setting yours at?

I am going to go ride tmrw but maybe you know something I don't like a diff setting.....thx!
i love mine...one of my favorite mods on my mtn max aside from the triples..
i have mine set at 0..and it seems perfect ..i haven't moved it around at all. it feels like anymore and ill be straight up and down everywhere i go, any less and i wont be able to bring the skis up as much as i like to.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:44 PM

STELHED Has earned a reach around from Rebel

tested it the other day. deff worth the $50, especialy since it was free to me I think I might adjust 1 more notch just to see but I like it where it is. Thx for feedback!

FSW!!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:51 PM
REBEL

Rx1Mountain Has earned a rub and tug from ARRx1Mountain Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Which way gives you more transfer? Straps in the back sucked in, or let out?
Old 02-20-2010, 11:49 PM
IQR MAN

MtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from ARMtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from AR
MtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from ARMtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from ARMtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from ARMtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from AR

i believe let out is more trasnfer
Old 03-04-2010, 08:20 AM

Neverenoughsnow Has earned a rub and tug from ARNeverenoughsnow Has earned a rub and tug from ARNeverenoughsnow Has earned a rub and tug from ARNeverenoughsnow Has earned a rub and tug from ARNeverenoughsnow Has earned a rub and tug from ARNeverenoughsnow Has earned a rub and tug from ARNeverenoughsnow Has earned a rub and tug from ARNeverenoughsnow Has earned a rub and tug from ARNeverenoughsnow Has earned a rub and tug from ARNeverenoughsnow Has earned a rub and tug from ARNeverenoughsnow Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default transfer kit

I started at 0, fun to pull the skis that high but going down a trail the suspension will beat you up. I am trying -1 now, hopefully that couples the suspension better.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Just Got Here

Powderat is an unknown quantity at this point

I made the switch and sold my transfer rods. I'm sold on them
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > YAMAHA