Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA

Old 02-06-2018, 06:57 AM
Prospect

Yamalube317 Has earned a rub and tug from ARYamalube317 Has earned a rub and tug from ARYamalube317 Has earned a rub and tug from ARYamalube317 Has earned a rub and tug from ARYamalube317 Has earned a rub and tug from ARYamalube317 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Smile Moving Back

Well it has been a while since I have been on here, but my wife and I are moving back to AK. Her job has given her a promotion that requires her to be in the office from now on and not working from home anymore. I am looking for some help on where to live. I do not want to live in the valley. I was looking at either Eagle River or S. Anchorage. My wife and I do not know whether or not if we should rent or buy a house.

We are coming from Rhode Island, she is flying and I am driving, and we are shipping her car. I am trying to limit my poundage for the move so I do not have to spend a lot of $$$$$$$. I need something that is about 1500 square feet or more , and a price of no higher than $370,000. I am bringing my motocross bike, so it would help if I had a garage. We are also looking for a nice yard since we now have a baby girl. I will worry about sleds later on lol. If anybody knows of a real good realtor that is worth using we would surely appreciate it. Also I am looking for a job.

I would like to work down at the port since I have had military training in fuels while in the Air Force stationed in Anchorage. My current job right now is highway maintenance operator working for the State of Rhode Island Dept of Transportation. Plowing snow, filling pot holes, cutting grass, etc Thank you very much for any help that you guys can give.

Last edited by Yamalube317; 02-06-2018 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:07 PM
i dunno

icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR
icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I know the port had two guys leave last year, not sure if they filled those jobs yet but I’d call and see if you can get an interview. Some of their hiring is done through the union.

370 for s anchorage is doable but you’ll have to be pretty flexible, it’ll go farther in eagle river and the commute to the port will be similar. I’ll send you a pm on a realtor.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA