Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED

TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED If it's boosted it goes here!

Old 11-16-2010, 03:08 PM

Rideguy Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideguy Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideguy Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideguy Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideguy Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideguy Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideguy Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideguy Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideguy Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideguy Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideguy Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideguy Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideguy Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL View Post
From what i understand they took care of the problem, and personally dont know anybody that has had a problem with them since.

However I personally and know many people that have had problems with shains kits, and his business ethics. But hey thats OUR opinion.

You right shain does produce a nice kit, along with a lot of other companies. However his track record of screwing people runs pretty deep. Sure maybe you and DRINK and a few others that he is buddies with don't have problems with him, but for the average comsumer look else where. How did he come into business anyways??
I guess my point was you can have problems with any kit. Install is greatly overlooked.

I don't care about the politics and history. I bought my kit last year and he was good to me. I was posting as a Twisted cutomer.

I also said I don't care what kit a person runs as long as they are having fun. I like having options and there are lot's of kit options out there.

Cheers
Old 11-24-2010, 01:36 PM

JROD is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems like everybody has an opinion about Shain and personally I don't care about the history behind all the BS drama. Leave the drama to the girls. All you should care about is what runs, what lasts, and who provides the best support. From somebody who hasn't spent that much money with Shain, he has helped me immensely in figuring out my sled.

*Not that I have anything against Boondocker but don't base your judgement off of somebody else's. Do the research, talk to these guys. That's what they are there for.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Prospect

PowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from AR
PowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROD View Post
Leave the drama to the girls.
Hey now....

Don't know about the other guys, but Shain and Dallas have been fantastic to deal with. Shain has a wealth of knowledge and always answers all of my questions. He is good at explaining things in simple terms that even a girl can understand.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

There is one person that had praised twisted in this thread that is currently taking a huge fawking from mr. Stanger now. Let's see how this plays out
Old 11-25-2010, 10:49 PM
REBEL

pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR
pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I think the thing to do here is to just buy a turbo and quit worrying. Every second that you delay is a second without a turbo you will regret. I think most kits work well. They all have quirks. Generally customer service is good. On a personal note. I ran bd all last year. Only customer service I needed was when I upgraded to secondary injectors. Called them up and they talked me through the programming over the phone. Other than that...didn't need customer service...plug and play.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:44 AM
REBEL

MOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from AR
MOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pernikm View Post
I think the thing to do here is to just buy a turbo and quit worrying. Every second that you delay is a second without a turbo you will regret. I think most kits work well. They all have quirks. Generally customer service is good. On a personal note. I ran bd all last year. Only customer service I needed was when I upgraded to secondary injectors. Called them up and they talked me through the programming over the phone. Other than that...didn't need customer service...plug and play.
I think Pern hit it on the head. At this stage of the game, there are many technologically advanced, cutting edge kits on the market. I don't have a Kit on mine, but many of my friends have been doing installs in the last few months. I was doing some research on the various Turbo manufacturers, as I was headed in the Turbo direction myself, I have learned one thing; Customer service should be a main priority when deciding which kit to purchase. I would suggest talking to people doing installs and get their feedback. Did you get all of the parts required to complete your install? If you didn't how was it handled by their customer service person? Were there any extra added expenses not initially addressed at the time of purchase? Are there detailed instructions provided with your kit? What type of trouble shooting/tuning support is offered?
Hopefully having those questions answered will give you the direction needed for your choice of turbo set up.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Prospect

Cascade Crud Has earned a rub and tug from AR

So as I mentioned months earlier I went with the BD kit. Had nothing to do with customer service as Shaine had allways been good about me asking 20,000 questions, BD just seemed like the setup that was most plug and play, install it and forget it. Plus guarenteed delivery by fall

So now it's snowy and I have 2 rides on the BD turbo and WOW!!! Couldnt be happier. Install was super simple, they are now pre programing there boxes and the numbers are spot on and the EBC is working great and the clutching was spot on. I had issues geting it started initaly and the guys at BD were really helpfull and it turned out to be a stuck injector so nothing to do with there kit anyways.

I also really like the tunnel dump exhaust. I was leary of this at first but it is nice not having a super loud sled, sounds stock except for a wonderfull wastegate noise coming on/off boost

Cant wait to put a bunch more miles on it and revisit revvy with BOOOST this year!!!

Bringing the rest of the world a look at Northwest hardcore sledding. NorthWest Freeriders
www.facebook.com/pages/NorthWest-Freeriders

http://www.northwestfreeriders.com/index.html
Old 12-19-2010, 11:31 PM

1500TITANIUM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade Crud View Post
So as I mentioned months earlier I went with the BD kit. Had nothing to do with customer service as Shaine had allways been good about me asking 20,000 questions, BD just seemed like the setup that was most plug and play, install it and forget it. Plus guarenteed delivery by fall

So now it's snowy and I have 2 rides on the BD turbo and WOW!!! Couldnt be happier. Install was super simple, they are now pre programing there boxes and the numbers are spot on and the EBC is working great and the clutching was spot on. I had issues geting it started initaly and the guys at BD were really helpfull and it turned out to be a stuck injector so nothing to do with there kit anyways.

I also really like the tunnel dump exhaust. I was leary of this at first but it is nice not having a super loud sled, sounds stock except for a wonderfull wastegate noise coming on/off boost

Cant wait to put a bunch more miles on it and revisit revvy with BOOOST this year!!!
Just a little FYI if you dont have a BOV that noise you are hearing is not the waste gate it is turbo surge this happens when the throttle is chopped closed suddenly and the pressure causes the compressor to stall and make a wooshing noise.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1500TITANIUM View Post
Just a little FYI if you dont have a BOV that noise you are hearing is not the waste gate it is turbo surge this happens when the throttle is chopped closed suddenly and the pressure causes the compressor to stall and make a wooshing noise.
Ah, I see. Also why I record a max boost presure of 9.3psi while running 7.5psi at the gauge I would guestimate? Turbo surge causing a tiny peak in boost that the BD box can pick up but I cant see quick enough on the ebc?

Bringing the rest of the world a look at Northwest hardcore sledding. NorthWest Freeriders
www.facebook.com/pages/NorthWest-Freeriders

http://www.northwestfreeriders.com/index.html
Old 12-21-2010, 08:08 PM
REBEL

XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP
XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade Crud View Post
Ah, I see. Also why I record a max boost presure of 9.3psi while running 7.5psi at the gauge I would guestimate? Turbo surge causing a tiny peak in boost that the BD box can pick up but I cant see quick enough on the ebc?
Pretty much
Rebel #86

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED