Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > VINTAGE SLEDS

Old 06-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Prospect

onlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from AR
onlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Late 70's and early 80's snopro racers by all the manufacturers were and are very cool and now very expensive, some of these sleds are being recreated using stock chassis and are being raced again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twin tracker.jpg (25.4 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg 16.jpg (92.8 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (84.0 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (71.2 KB, 241 views)
Old 06-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Prospect

onlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from AR
onlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from ARonlyrotax Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default more snopros

Back when we lived in eastern South Dakota we went to see them race on the high banked dirt track at Aberdeen SD in 1980 and 1981, they put down about a foot of ice for them to race on, very cool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (74.6 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (84.4 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (68.0 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg 18.jpg (58.6 KB, 240 views)
Old 10-02-2012, 12:05 AM
REBEL

nuckinfuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnuckinfuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnuckinfuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnuckinfuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
nuckinfuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnuckinfuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnuckinfuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnuckinfuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnuckinfuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Cool pics onlyrotax.

Best Obama quote ever made!
'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'
-- Barack Obama --

GO GREEN...recycle congress.

Outstanding Member # 442
Old 10-10-2012, 06:50 PM

greenskeeper Has earned a rub and tug from ARgreenskeeper Has earned a rub and tug from ARgreenskeeper Has earned a rub and tug from ARgreenskeeper Has earned a rub and tug from ARgreenskeeper Has earned a rub and tug from ARgreenskeeper Has earned a rub and tug from ARgreenskeeper Has earned a rub and tug from ARgreenskeeper Has earned a rub and tug from ARgreenskeeper Has earned a rub and tug from ARgreenskeeper Has earned a rub and tug from ARgreenskeeper Has earned a rub and tug from ARgreenskeeper Has earned a rub and tug from AR

All I can remember is in 1971 and 2 I had the chance to race for Western Power sports out of Boise Idaho and rode 2 of there machines, one was an 800 triple, and the other was a 600 triple, boy was that a thrill, I think the machines only weighed in at about 300+ lbs with about 125hp............wish I had some pictures but never thought about it back than.................
Old 10-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Prospect

SIXTOSIX Has earned a rub and tug from AR
SIXTOSIX Has earned a rub and tug from ARSIXTOSIX Has earned a rub and tug from ARSIXTOSIX Has earned a rub and tug from ARSIXTOSIX Has earned a rub and tug from ARSIXTOSIX Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Very cool ^^^^^ I'd love to race those. All I remember were races in Clarkia Idaho....TX Polaris vintage. We will make sure Vintage gets a section in the new magazine
Moscow Idaho
www.sixtosixmagazine.com
under construction
Old 10-10-2012, 07:00 PM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

60+ mph..... 3" or less from the ground.... sounds like my kind of fun!

My parents suck.... I grew up in the wrong era.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 PM
"bottom end killer "

flatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from AR
flatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from AR

My dad still has a new never titled, never run, 76 Doo 250 RV and a 399 Olympic. Him and my grandpa had a dealership on the farm from 69-76. I think my dad got sick of wrenching on sleds and not being able to ride.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Prospect

another pic from a couple years ago, there is a circut in Minn and Wisc that still races on ice, most of the sleds are reproductions with hoods cast from copied molds on mostly stock chassis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg racing blizzards.jpg (23.0 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg snopros.jpg (86.4 KB, 169 views)
Old 10-28-2012, 01:28 PM
"Virgin Destroyer"

xpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLP
xpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1334 View Post
A skidoo xp with a good crank?
m1000 with a good crank are near impossible to find.

2015 T3 summit X 163-3 inch Roosterbuilt R&D machine. The Trainer.

Crazy as a squirrel, nutty in the brain.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:29 PM
"This is all my fault"

Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP
Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpspenziv View Post
m1000 with a good crank are near impossible to find.
Omg are you kidding me! I know where one is...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2