Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > POLARIS

Old 01-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Prospect

straight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from AR
straight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from ARstraight-shot Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Turbo or not to turbo?

08 700 dragon. Is a turbo worth the money for boondocking and deep powder days or is it just for climbing?
I would love to have one but not sure it would be worth it for me since I'm not a big hillclimber.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2010, 07:24 AM

schmitt is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to climb big shoot's then turbo a nitro. Badass boondocking sled d7 d8 m8 pgturbo and they still climb like a mountain goat. I have a d8 bd turbo and love it. Look into silber's pump gas kit it's priced awesome at $3500 right now I believe, and it's almost the same as a bd kit. This will be my next kit, and the guy alway's answers his phone and is great to work with. I dont even have his kit and he emails me to call him if I need setup help. His name is Justin.
good Luck you will love it
Old 01-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Prospect

defysgravity Has earned a rub and tug from ARdefysgravity Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Well....I've mulled that over alot myself.
I finally counted the number of times in a day when I could honestly say I'd have needed a turbo to keep up or get up.....
And it wasn't enough to drop 4 grand on the sled....most of my riding is boondocking on deep snow days...
Old 01-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Prospect

Lake Cle Elum Has earned a rub and tug from ARLake Cle Elum Has earned a rub and tug from ARLake Cle Elum Has earned a rub and tug from ARLake Cle Elum Has earned a rub and tug from ARLake Cle Elum Has earned a rub and tug from ARLake Cle Elum Has earned a rub and tug from ARLake Cle Elum Has earned a rub and tug from ARLake Cle Elum Has earned a rub and tug from ARLake Cle Elum Has earned a rub and tug from ARLake Cle Elum Has earned a rub and tug from ARLake Cle Elum Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Those kits seem like a lot of money for what you get. I know of a guy that claims he will put a turbo on about any motorycle for $1,500......
Old 01-25-2010, 10:50 PM

Super Dave3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Only do it if you want to ride with a **** eating grin on your face all day.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:55 AM
www.ftxmotorsports.com

FASTRAX Has earned a rub and tug from AR
FASTRAX Has earned a rub and tug from ARFASTRAX Has earned a rub and tug from ARFASTRAX Has earned a rub and tug from ARFASTRAX Has earned a rub and tug from ARFASTRAX Has earned a rub and tug from ARFASTRAX Has earned a rub and tug from ARFASTRAX Has earned a rub and tug from ARFASTRAX Has earned a rub and tug from ARFASTRAX Has earned a rub and tug from ARFASTRAX Has earned a rub and tug from ARFASTRAX Has earned a rub and tug from AR

The only problem with a properly set up turbo is...you'll never want to ride anything else!

do it do it do it do it(peer pressure works right?)

curt
Old 02-01-2010, 12:02 PM
REBEL

Jkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Jkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from ARJkinzer Has earned a rub and tug from AR

like the previous two posts it is worth every penny! you will have a **** eatin grin from ear to ear when you lay it on its side to split a couple tight tree's than mat the throttle and pull a to the bumper wheelie through the next section. you can't beat a two stroke turbo in the trees, they are unreal amounts of fun...(every doubter over the last couple years after riding with two stroke turbos boondocking and tree riding has changed their mind after first hand experience.) burandt said it best "feel's like your in a video game, where the porameter's of reality no longer exist."
Old 02-01-2010, 02:56 PM
REBEL

XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP
XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkinzer View Post
"feel's like your in a video game, where the porameter's of reality no longer exist."
Yeap pretty much except for the part of reality that makes you ALWAYS want more
Old 02-01-2010, 03:26 PM
REBEL

POLZIHUNTER Offical PLPPOLZIHUNTER Offical PLPPOLZIHUNTER Offical PLPPOLZIHUNTER Offical PLP
POLZIHUNTER Offical PLPPOLZIHUNTER Offical PLPPOLZIHUNTER Offical PLPPOLZIHUNTER Offical PLPPOLZIHUNTER Offical PLPPOLZIHUNTER Offical PLPPOLZIHUNTER Offical PLPPOLZIHUNTER Offical PLP

I'D say if you want to pull and go no way its worth it. If you dont mind the extra tuning and maint. issues it may be . Personally I think its a waste of $$ for most. Its more like penis envy than any real need for more power. Suspension upgrades have done more to make my riding more fun than anything else.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Just Got Here

chumbilly1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default addictive personality ?

Dont ride one! I rode Curts HM set-up three weeks ago and it still plagues me in my dreams, gonna get me divorced. Seriously though, I am convinced you cant have enough power as long as it is smooth, predictable, and dependable, and these seme to be that. Of course it will take more maintenance but if you have been building sleds for very long you know that is part of the fun.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > POLARIS