Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS

SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS Forum dedicated to the single ski riders

Old 10-14-2013, 04:06 PM
REBEL

off road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Well before the snow hits

Hope you all are making the most of the last days of Fall.

I put together a group of guys who are racing the 24hrs of Starvation Ridge on Adventure bikes, competing against the 450's. I thought my Hawk riding friends might be interested.
We have received really good response from the ADV community with sponsors such as Klim, Giant Loop, Renazco Racing, Coastal Instruments. Cyclops Adventure Sports and Konflict Motorsports.

There is a film crew doing a doc on what it takes to race and be competitive on a 500 lb bike and several Magazines will run stories.

If you have some time check out team on facebook and look for the film to come out in a month or so.
https://www.facebook.com/advheavyweights
Old 10-14-2013, 10:20 PM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Are you running in it too , or is it a team your sponsoring ? Will the team have cameras ? I'd like to see a variety of lights if that's possible if there's multiple bikes ?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:55 AM
REBEL

off road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
Are you running in it too , or is it a team your sponsoring ? Will the team have cameras ? I'd like to see a variety of lights if that's possible if there's multiple bikes ?

Yes, I'm racing the event as well as sponsoring the team. My 23rd 24 hr start.
We will have some bike mounted cams and a production team out on the track. Should be a blast.
after the race its time to get the hawk out and get ready for a great season!

Last edited by off road rider; 10-16-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:26 PM
REBEL

Default awsome weekend

The big KTMs tore up the ridge during this last weekends 24 hr race. we shut down the naysayers and definitely turned some heads.
We ended up racing Calin Mcurdys team riding crf and yz 450's back and forth all weekend changing the lead a few times. We came out on top but a scoring issues pulled us back to second in the sportsman class. Ill take 17th out of 96 teams anyday, particularly since our bikes weight twice as much as any other bike out there.
Great to see Calin again, Great ride my friend!

ever dead lift a 990?

Yours truly

The bewitching hr.

Time to wick it up!
Old 10-28-2013, 02:45 PM
"Resident two-year old"

Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP
Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP

Nice job I'm sure Sap has a few more pictures
Old 10-28-2013, 03:55 PM
MENTOR/MOTIVATIONAL POSTER BUILDER

Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP
Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP

I will get a few up as soon as I can move again...
Old 10-28-2013, 06:33 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I will get a few up as soon as I can move again...

You too? Man I am one wiped out guy. Of course phones ringing off the hook today, don't they know a guys got to get some rest.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:15 PM
REBEL

J&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Good job

Way to go guys. I can only imagine how much fun that would be Gotta admit I miss racing!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:55 PM
MENTOR/MOTIVATIONAL POSTER BUILDER

Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP
Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP

BTW... I did deadlift my 990 in the rocks at 3 AM... but not by choice!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:29 AM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Congrat's guys , it's good to hear the thumpers are pulling there own weight .
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS