Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS

SLED HEADS General Sled Chat

Old 02-11-2011, 02:11 PM

Dynomite Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Dynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Improve your skills!

Hello everybody!

I want to hear about your tips about sidehilling,hillclimbing, in the trees and so on!
I ofc consider myself as a god rider, but on this point I havent adventured it much...

I want to hear this because here in sweden we dont get the chance to ride as big mountains as you guys! You know I have to prepare for my trip to BC...

I would be glad if you could post videos and pictures and describe.
Im sure its not just me that finds this helpful,, lets discuss
technique

Cheers from sweden //Anders
Old 02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
REBEL

ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP
ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Hello everybody!

I want to hear about your tips about sidehilling,hillclimbing, in the trees and so on!
I ofc consider myself as a god rider, but on this point I havent adventured it much...

I want to hear this because here in sweden we dont get the chance to ride as big mountains as you guys! You know I have to prepare for my trip to BC...

I would be glad if you could post videos and pictures and describe.
Im sure its not just me that finds this helpful,, lets discuss
technique

Cheers from sweden //Anders

Welcome to BCR Dynomite! I love the name!! You will receive lots of good advise on this subject here. You came to the right place. Eric
Old 02-11-2011, 02:24 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

Nothing can replace seat time. Get out and ride and practice practice practice. That, and try to ride with those that are better than you. You will have no choice but to step up your game. Watch where and how they postion their body on theor sleds to make it do what they want it to do. Enjoy your trip!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:27 PM
REBEL

ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP
ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP

There is a DVD called "Schooled" by Brett Rasmussen and Chris Burandt who are two of the best backcountry riders on the planet. This is the best instructional video I've ever seen.

You can get it at - deviantsled.com or - ride rasmusussen style.com
Old 02-11-2011, 02:28 PM

Dynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from ARDynomite Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Thanks alot! Yeah it kind of feels that I got to the right place with this response

What I am finding hard is to keep the sled sidehilling in a sticky situation,, I dont really like dare to!!

Sorry for bad english,Im from sweden but I kind of learning alot to hang out here!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:32 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation

have to be not scared to put a sled into a tree or get stuck.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:35 PM

Yes I am going to watch it..

Im thinking of to post pictures here and show you all some situations in riding, how I did and ask you how I should do..

My plan is to use my surrounding, when we dont have the best places around the house so Im thinking about to let the fantasy get me into some sticky things..
Old 02-11-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBA View Post
have to be not scared to put a sled into a tree or get stuck.
Exactly, since Im grown up riding a indy 440 I know pretty much everything about getting stuck,, it might be a ****ty work but hey is there any training that is more fun??
Old 02-11-2011, 02:55 PM
REBEL

Don't worry about the bad English, we have a guy here named H2snow, were used to it. I apologize for him in advance.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:59 PM
REBEL

Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP
Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP

Welcome to BCR http://www.backcountryrebels.com/sho...t=countersteer

These “odious debts” are considered to be the personal debts of the tyrants who incurred them, rather than the country’s debt
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS