Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ARIZONA

Old 12-20-2010, 06:48 AM
Prospect

Vitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Vitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default IT RAINED ! ! !

Late Thursday morning a sprinkle turned into a heavy drizzle that lasted 4-5 hours. That afternoon my boss came in with a smile and told me he thought I should come in late Friday. That was enough for the texts to start flying in search of a rider.

On the drive to the trail there was fog. It was the thick, waiting for a zombie to cross the road, type of fog. Since we get fog maybe twice a year itís kind of a big deal.

At 7:00 am Eric, Ryan & I met at cattleguard.

There still were puddles and the soil actually compressed under the tires. Amazing!

Yaíll have seen this angle many times before. Waiting at the top of a tricky section of Upper Scaryokee.

Some video of Eric cleaning the same section.

Ryan not so muchÖ

A pair of pictures trying to capture the morning fog before it all burns off.

Here come Eric & Ryan.

Eric down some rocks.

Ryanís turn.

From here it was all high speed sand, whoops or rubble. The rain had already washed the whoops down. The tallest section was maybe only three feet. By March the rains will have them down to little more than large braking bumps.

I also saw more oncoming traffic than I have in many months. I counted about 15 other riders in all. That is a lot BTW. Two near misses head on. One of the dangers of taking point I guess. I thought I was riding with a margin in reserve. Maybe they werenít?

When we got back the trailhead there were at least 10 trucks (1 minivan) lined up along the road. It was one hell of a turnout for a weekday morning. Especially considering three months ago it was only mine and Seanís vehicles parked on the road.

The winter rains are on the way. Iím ready!

I spent 18 years in North Bend. Iím used to guys staring at my bum.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ARIZONA