Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS

SLED HEADS General Sled Chat

Old 09-18-2014, 07:50 PM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Mountain Addiction rack

Anybody have problems with these racks? I have the smaller fuel can and a cargo box. either going through the trees and a branch gets it or on jumps the fuel can always seems to fall off? Im not too impressed with the trapazoid shape of the mount... doesnt hold the fuel can well at all....
Old 09-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Prospect

MNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
MNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I have had 2 of them with no issues. Only time I have lost a can is either when I forgot the pin or when garage sale takes place while sled is rolling down the hill! Not to mention they are great to work with, perhaps a call to them and they could help you out if either the can or the tracks are a bit off.
Just a thought.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:14 AM
"SECRET SERVICE"

intmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLP
intmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLP

yeah, give tim a call. Im sure he will help ya out. Do they slide on and off the rails really easy?
Old 09-19-2014, 01:27 PM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by intmid8or! View Post
yeah, give tim a call. Im sure he will help ya out. Do they slide on and off the rails really easy?
Ok, will do. and no they dont slide very easily at all, they just pop off the rails very easily upwards
Old 09-19-2014, 04:44 PM
REBEL

Dogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Dogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Never had a single issue with mine in fact I had to put grease on the rails it held so tight
Old 09-21-2014, 08:47 PM
THE CREW

Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP
Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP

Ran a double can rack last season...no issues

Really nice fit and finish...great company to deal with.

They will be at the Denver Snow show with product
Old 09-19-2014, 09:21 AM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

I had the rack and dual jugs on my X. I was really impressed with the quality and thickness of material of the cans. Worked great for 2 seasons, but you need to be careful how you store them. I left one 1/2 full of fuel and closed tight and outside for a summer. The black can with fuel expanded and bulged (obviously) and never regained its shape. That can would no longer stay on the racks unless empty. the bottom had bulged and wouldnt sit right on the rack anymore.

Other than that which was kind of my fault.... I really liked them. Being able to match the cans color to my sled and the clean look of the hidden rack.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:50 PM
REBEL

BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I had the large tank, won't own another. Tank had a leak on seam first fill up, called them was told to melt it with a lighter. Didn't turn out well, guess I suck with a lighter. .. Or should have been fine from manufacture?
Got the rails as straight as possible, still have to beat the gas can on and off. The crazy part... If I made a hard landing it would fall off!
Craigerbuilt solid all around.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:09 AM
BCR Resident Tramp

Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP
Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP

I gave up on my set up. No matter how tight the rails were on the tank , there were times where the gas cans popped off .
The skidoo cas can set up from the revs work better IMHO .

www.canadasledparts.com

http://www.modsskis.com/
Old 09-22-2014, 02:11 PM
THE CREW

Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP
Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP

I heard they were having an issue with certain colors of cans? Maybe the black I can't remember. They were getting hot and kinda of puffing up and popping them off?

But that was a few years back. I ran a blue and green can no issues. They were a bit tight when getting on and off but other then that.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS